Author Topic: Please read: ideas on first posting  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Please read: ideas on first posting
« on: 03 August 2011, 09:13:34 PM »
Welcome to the Diabetes Support Forum UK. Here you should find others willing to share their experiences of all aspects of diabetes.

How should you introduce yourself? Well, that's really up to you. It's good to know a little about who you are and what part of the UK you are in, then to give other members a better picture of your diabetes it's usually helpful to include the following information, if appropriate:
•The type of diabetes you've been diagnosed with;
•The treatment you are on (eg diet and exercise, medication or insulin) and how it's managed (eg "I do what the nurse tells me" or "I adjust my own insulin doses based on Dafne");
•The sort of blood glucose test results you have, including the time of day they relate to, as well as your HbA1c;
•The sort of diet you have, especially the level of carbohydrates in it;
•Any other relevant health/lifestyle issues.

Don't forget that you can Click on Profile at the top of the page and add a signature - this will really help others remember your diabetes type, medication etc when they reply to you - as well as adjusting your preferences for viewing and using the forum. And feel free to move to specific topic areas within the forum with any problems or comments you may have.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans