Author Topic: Book by Dr James Carlson  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Avocado

• My French website
Book by Dr James Carlson
« on: 07 February 2013, 08:44:42 PM »
I've just finished reading Dr James Carlson's book 'Genocide: how your doctor's dietary ignorance will kill you': http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genocide-Your-Doctors-Dietary-Ignorance/dp/1419685821/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360269368&sr=1-1  Dr Carlson really explains very well why low carb diet is good for health, especially good for cholesterol profile and diabetes of course, but also many other health issues. He used to have free chapters from this book up on his website but somehow he lost the website so I just had to buy the book and I'm so glad I did.

Dr Carlson writes in a very, how shall I say, conversational style :) Some criticise him for that but it doesn't bother me as what he has to say is so fascinating and well explained. Very easy to understand.

Some of you may remember that Patti found several videos of lectures by him on Youtube, here's a link to them too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d86WeZxCRUw
Anne

Atypical Type 2, thin, not insulin resistant, diagnosed March 2007. Very low carb (30 - 50g per day) Paleo diet and exercise - Prandin (Repaglinide) 0.5mg. Aortic Valve Replacement Jan 2014, Osteoporosis, Small airways disease, probable coeliac - Strontium Ranelate 2g/d, Omacor 2g/d, vitamin K2 300mcg/d, Aviticol (vit D3) 20,000 IU every week, Qvar 100 2/day.

Current HbA1c 33 Current total cholesterol 7, HDL 3.5, LDL 3.2, triglycerides 0.4

Offline Idreamofchocolate

Re: Book by Dr James Carlson
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2013, 09:39:53 PM »
This book looks very interesting, Anne, and I might just look into buying it. Might be what I need to make me see sense at the moment.
Maureen

Type 2 diagnosed June 08. Taking Amlodipine 10mg, Doxazosin 12mg and Propranolol 20mg

“When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out.” A. A. Milne

Offline Avocado

• My French website
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2013, 07:44:38 AM »
Hi Maureen - I thought of you while I was reading it because Dr Carlson also talks about high blood pressure and why low carb helps with that - part of that to do with the fact that if you are on 'normal' carb your kidneys keep hold of salt - even if you don't add salt to your food, it's just the natural sodium in food -  and that goes to raise blood pressure !
Anne

Atypical Type 2, thin, not insulin resistant, diagnosed March 2007. Very low carb (30 - 50g per day) Paleo diet and exercise - Prandin (Repaglinide) 0.5mg. Aortic Valve Replacement Jan 2014, Osteoporosis, Small airways disease, probable coeliac - Strontium Ranelate 2g/d, Omacor 2g/d, vitamin K2 300mcg/d, Aviticol (vit D3) 20,000 IU every week, Qvar 100 2/day.

Current HbA1c 33 Current total cholesterol 7, HDL 3.5, LDL 3.2, triglycerides 0.4

Offline Idreamofchocolate

« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
Definitely going to get it, Anne. Thanks again for posting the link  :)
Maureen

Type 2 diagnosed June 08. Taking Amlodipine 10mg, Doxazosin 12mg and Propranolol 20mg

“When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out.” A. A. Milne