Author Topic: Low Carb breakfast delight!  (Read 7003 times)

Offline BigDave

Re: Low Carb breakfast delight!
« Reply #15 on: 28 November 2011, 11:12:09 AM »
Ok I have taken parts of this for a low maintenance breakfast and was hoping you guys and galls could rate it for me if you didn't mind!

Ok I would LOVE a egg/meat-based breakfast, but even if I manage to fight off my quilt and unglue my eyelids, I am usually left with about 5 minutes before I need to be at work, so a quick-grab breakfast is preferred for me.

I make my own yogurt via Easiyo and usually favour the low fat greek style. I grab around 200g of this in the mornings, with a teaspoon (and a slight spillage) of sugar free granola and top this off with approx 4-5 frozen cherries so when I get to work and sit at my desk, I have a lovely cool pot of loveliness to kick start my day.

Right people. I rather enjoy this food, so there MUST be something wrong with it. your thoughts please :)
Type II - Diagnosed around 2004
Currently Metformin 2000mg a day (taken day and night) and 3 x Gliclazide throughout the day

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #16 on: 28 November 2011, 11:39:20 AM »
It sounds OK to me (what does your meter tell you?), but cherries are around 1g carb each, you could have a lot more frozen raspberries for the same amount of carb.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline BigDave

« Reply #17 on: 28 November 2011, 04:26:17 PM »
I would be very happy with raspberries too, I just had frozen cherries in the freezer to use up!
Type II - Diagnosed around 2004
Currently Metformin 2000mg a day (taken day and night) and 3 x Gliclazide throughout the day

Offline Alan

• Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey
« Reply #18 on: 28 November 2011, 09:29:57 PM »
Ok I have taken parts of this for a low maintenance breakfast and was hoping you guys and galls could rate it for me if you didn't mind!

Ok I would LOVE a egg/meat-based breakfast, but even if I manage to fight off my quilt and unglue my eyelids, I am usually left with about 5 minutes before I need to be at work, so a quick-grab breakfast is preferred for me.

I make my own yogurt via Easiyo and usually favour the low fat greek style. I grab around 200g of this in the mornings, with a teaspoon (and a slight spillage) of sugar free granola and top this off with approx 4-5 frozen cherries so when I get to work and sit at my desk, I have a lovely cool pot of loveliness to kick start my day.

Right people. I rather enjoy this food, so there MUST be something wrong with it. your thoughts please :)

The bit that may be wrong is the granola and possibly the cherries. But, that's just a guess. Patti gave you the best answer with a question:
what does your meter tell you?

When I eat yoghurt at the moment I add chopped strawberries from the back garden. When those are out of season I have found frozen berries (blueberries and similar) have less effect on my BGs than cherries.

This morning I cooked an asparagus, onion and cheese omelette. My coffee takes seven minutes from the moment I put it on the gas, so I have become practiced at cooking breakfasts within that timescale. The longest part of cooking omeletes is the preparation of the veges; the actual cooking, including pre-cooking the onions and asparagus was less than five minutes in a hot skillet. The beaten eggs only take a minute or less. If you take longer than that you are over-cooking it.

Please do two things.

1. Read these: Breakfasts and Breakfast On The Run

2. Buy an alarm clock and wake up 15 minutes earlier to save your life :)
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: Small New York Baked Low Carb Cheesecake)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest:Dambulla, Sigiriya and Polonuwarra, Sri Lanka)

Offline TessaH

« Reply #19 on: 09 February 2012, 10:13:04 AM »
The veg prep time is why I keep a bowl of shredded veg in the fridge. I posted about it somewhere but not in the Breakfast section, sorry.
Type 2, diagnosed Nov 09. Diet and exercise. Last HbA1c 5.8