Author Topic: Lowish carb porridge  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Hellbunny

Lowish carb porridge
« on: 26 March 2013, 06:32:03 PM »
I've just sampled some porridge i've made and it tastes lovely! I'm not sure where i saw this but its something similar so i made it up as

20g porridge -12g carb
2 spoons of linseed
2 spoons of desiccated coconut
1 spoon of ground almonds
a dash of milk/water/cream (whatever you like, you can use unsweetened soya milk for lower carbs)

i only had a spoon of it as i only wanted to try it as i'm having it for breakfast but it was much nicer than plain porridge. You can add more porridge/more linseeds/everything else if you want, its just means lower carb and lower GI if adding the other things than plain porridge alone.
x
x Baby (yellow bump!) due September 6th 2013 x
Type 1, diagnosed aged 18 in first pregnancy with Gestational Diabetes, it didn't go away, so fully diagnosed 8 weeks post pregnancy.
Novorapid & Levemir

Offline heinemenusch

Re: Lowish carb porridge
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2013, 08:36:26 PM »
I'm a big porridge fan - I'll have to try this, will have to buy some linseed and coconut first though!
T2.
Exercise, Very Low Carbs, Frequent BG testing, Metformin.
May 2013 HbA1C 95.
Jan 2014 HbA1c 38.

Offline kat

• wind me up & watch me go!!!!!
Re: Lowish carb porridge
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2013, 09:37:11 AM »
 ;D sounds lovely! I got some ground linseed with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and goja berries from Aldi. I just add a dessertspoonful to my porridge after I have made it. My OH just has plain milled linseed added to his but if I have to re-heat it I think the linseed goes 'gloopy' but it's ok just stirred into the hot porridge. I'll have to see if he fancies your version. He has RC factor (resistance to change!)
looking after T2 husband. metformin, gliclazide, lantus thyroxine. Also captopril,