Author Topic: Three Egg Omlette  (Read 1058 times)

Offline AndyK

Three Egg Omlette
« on: 06 May 2013, 10:09:24 AM »
 Having a lazy start to the day I thought I would treat myself to a cooked breakfast. This is one I enjoy and fills me up all morning although you could serve with a baked potato and salad for lunch/evening meal. The ingredients can also be pro-rata’d to suit appetite and number of people. It is also a way of using leftovers if you cooked a Sunday roast. The basic recipe is:
3 eggs
 2 ozs diced cold chicken
 1 oz feta cheese (crumbled)
 Wilted spinach (roughly chopped)

Gently whisk the eggs with a fork and season to taste. Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and pour in the eggs. As they set you can take the frilly edge to the centre. When there is only a little liquid left scatter the diced chicken, feta cheese and spinach over half the omelette and fold the other half over. Complete cooking and serve.
What I like about this recipe is that you can use virtually anything for the filling. Asparagus works as an alternative t spinach, cheddar and fried onions with roast beef (or bacon) etc. The varieties are endless – maybe you could add your favourite to the thread.
Regards,
AndyK

P.S. Apologies for similarity to previous post

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Re: Three Egg Omlette
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2013, 10:49:56 AM »
I like to leave mine flat in the pan, use any leftovers and top with goat's cheese, then stick it under the grill for a minute or two.  The goat's cheese that comes in a log and is runny inside (Lidl sell Chevre which is great for this purpose).
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Alan

• Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey
Re: Three Egg Omlette
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2013, 11:33:31 PM »
My usual breakfast is smaller, only one or two eggs. This morning's omelette was some fried onions and mushrooms with a single beaten egg poured over the to to become a simple omelette. Yesterday was two eggs scrambled with chopped parsley and some grated cheese mixed in at the finish.

I tend to add turmeric and grated black pepper to any form of egg dish, and nutmeg to mushrooms. Not only tasty, but those spices have health advantages. 
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: Small New York Baked Low Carb Cheesecake)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest:Dambulla, Sigiriya and Polonuwarra, Sri Lanka)