Author Topic: Where has the chocolate brownies recipe gone  (Read 2086 times)

Offline cona7351

Where has the chocolate brownies recipe gone
« on: 16 May 2013, 10:10:01 PM »
I was looking the other day at a recipe for Chocolate brownies on here, possibly on the archive forum. There was also recipes for various different types of cheesecake.

They seem to have gone and it won't let me search the archived forums.

Does anyone know how to get to them?

Thanks

Simon
Unknown type but being treated as Type 1 as I have Chronic Pancreatitis. Most of my Pancreas has been destroyed. I'm on Lantus and Apidra. Originally diagnosed September 2010 due to Chronic Pancreatitis after a severe attack. Pancreas started working again in September 2011 so taken off of insulin, but diabetes came back April 2013 as my Pancreas is no longer working.

Offline Moby

• Global Moderator
  • Carbophobia rules ok!
Re: Where has the chocolate brownies recipe gone
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2013, 10:24:40 PM »
bw
Moby

T2 since 2002.
metformin 2000mg. humalin I and humalog
Xpert graduate & Xpert Insulin Graduate. (for what it's worth)

©Martin Cronshaw 2015

Offline Moby

• Global Moderator
  • Carbophobia rules ok!
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2013, 10:26:19 PM »
bw
Moby

T2 since 2002.
metformin 2000mg. humalin I and humalog
Xpert graduate & Xpert Insulin Graduate. (for what it's worth)

©Martin Cronshaw 2015

Offline nytquill17

• Global Moderator
  • It's all in the balance.
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2013, 11:32:56 PM »
Archive forum not loading for me at the moment, but it still exists and should be searchable.  Maybe just a server problem with the other hosting service causing it not to load properly today.
T1 DX 1995
Levemir + Novorapid

~-~-~-~
"If you can't ride, can you fall?"
"I suppose anyone can fall," said Shasta.
"I mean can you fall and get up again without crying, and mount again and fall again and yet not be afraid of falling?"
"I - I'll try," said Shasta.
  ~C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy
  ~-~-~-~
"There is no answer; seek it lovingly."

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2013, 11:38:16 PM »
Both forums are on the same host, but I note we've been having slight server probs recently.  It's being looked into.  Hope this helps - well not helps precisely, but explains a bit.

Glad the recipes were found, if all else fails try the cookbook on the website (though we've added more recipes since then)
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline nytquill17

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2013, 12:02:03 AM »
Ok I wondered if it might be related to the server probs I ran into this morning. but then I thought "didn't we change hosting service? so it can't be related." But now I remember we only changed software.

It happens from time to time that the site won't load or loads slowly, try again in a little while and it usually works :)
T1 DX 1995
Levemir + Novorapid

~-~-~-~
"I mean can you fall and get up again without crying, and mount again and fall again and yet not be afraid of falling?"
  ~-~-~-~

Offline cona7351

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2013, 12:13:17 AM »
Thanks every one. I'll get cooking.

Just for your info it wouldn't let me log into the archive forum either and when I click on the search facility in the archive forum I get the following message:

Sorry, but an error occurred. If you are unsure about how to solve this error you can contact the system administrator.
   Guests are not allowed in this area.

And when I try and log in with the log in details I use for the new forum I get the following message:

Your login information was incorrect.

• Invalid Username

You have 4 login attempts remaining.

I know I am using the correct details as I can log into the new forum. Obviously I don't want to keep trying as it is counting down login attempts each time I try.

Thought I'd let you know.

Simon
Unknown type but being treated as Type 1 as I have Chronic Pancreatitis. Most of my Pancreas has been destroyed. I'm on Lantus and Apidra. Originally diagnosed September 2010 due to Chronic Pancreatitis after a severe attack. Pancreas started working again in September 2011 so taken off of insulin, but diabetes came back April 2013 as my Pancreas is no longer working.

Offline nytquill17

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2013, 12:31:48 AM »
It's normal that you can't log in, unfortunately username and password aren't shared between the old forum and the new one (you had no way to know that of course!  I didn't think about the fact that isn't really explained anywhere.  Mods - should we put up a notice to that effect for all the new members we refer over there?)  Those of us that have the same usernames in both forums had to re-register their names on the new forum.

On the other hand the forum IS supposed to be searchable by just anybody who stumbles across it, I thought, not only by registered members?  The whole reason we left it up there is for new members and non-members looking for information to be able to have access to everything that's there.  Thanks for bringing all this to light for us!
T1 DX 1995
Levemir + Novorapid

~-~-~-~
  ~-~-~-~

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2013, 09:39:14 AM »
On the other hand the forum IS supposed to be searchable by just anybody who stumbles across it, I thought, not only by registered members?  The whole reason we left it up there is for new members and non-members looking for information to be able to have access to everything that's there.  Thanks for bringing all this to light for us!
Ah... as far as I know anyone can look at the forum, but only members can use the search facility (of course you can't join as a member any more) but it's possible to find things by looking manually i.e. guests can click on the recipe section, then on "desserts" and scroll down to find the brownies, or they can follow a link from here given by one of us.  Hope this clarifies things?  AFAIK that's the only way we can have it now.

It's regrettable that we ever had to change software, but the software for the previous forum was no longer being developed or supported so it was open to security threats and already had been hacked once, hence us moving over to this software.  The nature of the software on the old forum meant we couldn't transfer all the messages over here except by doing it manually message by message, and I'm sure people understand that no one had the time (nor the will) to do that.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Liam

• Global Moderator
  • We live to fight another day.
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2013, 02:54:00 PM »
The best way to search the old site is to type what you are looking for on the old site into google then add site:http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/forum/Blah.pl? after the thing you want to find. That tells google to only search in the site you want to find information from. Googles search engine is much better than forum searching at finding anything.
DX Type I 1994.    Novorapid Animas Vibe pump
HbA1c 3/10 10.2%, 7/10 8.1%, 12/10 7.5%.
2/11 7.8%, 8/11 8.6% 9/11 8.3%.
3/12 62 (7.8%). 10/12 67 (8.3%)
4/13 63 (7.9%) 6/13 59 (7.5%)
1/14 71 (8.6%) 7/14 59 (7.5%) 11/14 (6.7%)
3/15 56 (7.3%) 12/15 49 (6.6%)
Ramipril: 10mg Quetiapine: 550mg Metformin: 2000mg

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2013, 07:24:30 PM »
Actually nothing could be worse or slower than the search on the archive forum!  The search on here is a million times faster.
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 10 November 2017, 09:30:42 AM »
I am afraid the old forum no longer exists as such.  We had to get rid of it as it was being used as a portal to hack this one.  Many recipes can be found in our cookbook...http://diabetes-support.org.uk/info/downloads/dsfcookbook.pdf
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans