Author Topic: Garlic and cauliflower soup  (Read 1037 times)

Offline TerryJ

Garlic and cauliflower soup
« on: 06 August 2013, 09:35:37 AM »
Can't say that I have ever thought of combining these two ingredients in a soup. Might have a go at the weekend.

http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/sidessoupsdrinks/garlic-cauliflower-soup/
Type 2 since 1999. Current meds Gliclazide
HbA1c Feb10 10.9, May10 7.7, Oct10 6.6, Oct11 6.7, Dec12 6.4, Nov13 6.9

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Re: Garlic and cauliflower soup
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2013, 11:29:14 AM »
It sounds yummy, but 3 cloves of garlic is a bit wimpish isn't it? At least considering that it's called "Cauliflower and Garlic soup"  ;D ;D ;D I'd be inclined to roast a whole bulb of garlic and squeeze all the roasted cloves in before blending.  Then again I'm a sucker for roasted garlic.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline GrammaBear

« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2013, 11:07:40 PM »
I like the soup recipe and I am definitely a wimp when it comes to garlic.  Sometimes the fresh garlic sold in the grocery where we shop varies a great deal from small to really large.  I also use chicken broth to cook the cauliflower in, gives the soup a nice flavor.

My oldest son visited the Czech Republic on holiday.  The family he visited gave him a czech cookbook and it had all sorts of different ideas.  Son tried making a cauliflower/onion soup and not knowing any different - used 3 heads of garlic instead of 3 cloves of garlic.  Needless to say he learned quickly after that mistake. 
Type 1
Tandem Tslim pump Oct 2015
Dexcom G4 CGM Sep 2007
A1C 6.5%~ Sep 2017

Offline nytquill17

• Global Moderator
  • It's all in the balance.
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2013, 11:58:05 PM »
Oh goodness - and so did anyone within ten feet of him for the next day or so, I bet!
T1 DX 1995
Levemir + Novorapid

~-~-~-~
"If you can't ride, can you fall?"
"I suppose anyone can fall," said Shasta.
"I mean can you fall and get up again without crying, and mount again and fall again and yet not be afraid of falling?"
"I - I'll try," said Shasta.
  ~C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy
  ~-~-~-~
"There is no answer; seek it lovingly."

Offline GrammaBear

« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
Oh goodness - and so did anyone within ten feet of him for the next day or so, I bet!

He made the soup while visiting his paternal grandparents after he returned from the CR.  Needless to say that he was very disappointed in himself for not knowing the terminology of cloves vs head of garlic.  He has since turned into quite a good cook and is frequently trying new things.
Type 1
Tandem Tslim pump Oct 2015
Dexcom G4 CGM Sep 2007
A1C 6.5%~ Sep 2017