Made these for lunch today. It's a Good Food mag recipe. Absolutely delicious and only 2g carb each:
12 slices prosciutto (I used Lidl Black forest ham which I happened to have left over from a chicken recipe)
1 tbs olive oil, plus extra for greasing
1 onion chopped
125g pack Asparagus tips
100ml fresh milk
50g Parmesan, finely grated
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas mk 4.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin
- Line each hole with a slice of ham to cover the base and sides.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion till soft
- Snap the tip ends off the Asparagus and reserve.
- Finely slice the stalks, add to the pan and fry for 2/3 minutes then allow to cool a bit before dividing the mixture between the muffin holes.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and 3/4 of the Parmesan, then pour equal parts into the muffin holes.
- Top with the asparagus tips and the remaining Parmesan
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes until set, allow to cool a few minutes and then remove from the tin
- Can be eaten hot or cold.
As it happens I didn't have a muffin tin, so I used ramekin dishes & made 6 from the mixture (needed 2 slices ham for each ramekin), so 4g carb each. Very delicious and the crispy ham goes well with the texture of the eggs. Excellent for transporting for a packed lunch