Author Topic: Sweet Cherry Frozen Yoghurt (low carb)  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Sweet Cherry Frozen Yoghurt (low carb)
« on: 30 April 2014, 08:17:15 PM »
Made this yesterday and honestly it's soooo yummy!

800g full fat Greek Yoghurt (I used Lidl) = 25.6g carb
10g Splenda (or other sweetener of your choice, but carb count may vary) = 9.7g carb
1 tsp Vanilla Xtract (I used 1/2 tsp vanilla paste)
80g Tesco frozen Sweet black Cherries http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=276879418 (other supermarkets may be available  :P ) = 9.2g carb
3 tbs Vodka (Optional)

In a bowl combine the yoghurt, sweetener, vanilla extract, frozen cherries cut into quarters (these can be chopped easily whilst still frozen) & vodka.  Tip into an ice cream maker and churn until it reaches soft set stage.  Put into a litre container and freeze. 

The vodka is optional and you don't taste it in the finished product but it does stop the yoghurt from setting too hard and makes a softer set end product.  If you don't put it in then you will have to take the container out of the fridge about 15 - 20 mins before serving.

I don't think it's necessary to have an ice-cream maker, but you will need to keep getting the mix out of the freezer and giving it a good stir whilst it's freezing.

Makes approx 1 litre (cos it swells up when frozen) @ 4.45g carb per 100g.

Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans