Well that was a very productive meeting with the Cardio doctor and to think it wouldn't have happened if I had't have been to my GP on Monday and armed with what he told me I then badgered the hospital.
Dr Ellis was lovely although not at all sympathetic to my holiday issue (I absolutely do understand this) he didn't go into detail but did say that it was a political reason why hospitals in our health region could not insert stents while the main hospital in Cardiff could.
After an unhurried chat where he was open and honest with me about all possibilities which could include a heart bypass (gulp) as the worse case scenario. This has to be considered due to my diabetes. He also was prepared to answer all my questions and listen to my concerns, as I said he was lovely. He is obviously very popular as my meeting with him was on the cardio day ward which is where the patients for angiograms stay, and a few patients called him over and I heard one say (after he had gone) he was a very nice doctor and a nice man so a thumbs up from me.
So the decision I came to which he completely supported was that I would now be transferred to the Cardiff list and he has recommended the stent inserted at the same time as the angiogram (if needed) TBH even if I wasn't under time pressure I would prefer it all done at the same time, who would want 2 surgeries when they can do it in 1
It is now a waiting game and I hope and pray they will be doing it this side of Christmas which will give me a month to get myself back to normal (whatever my normal is
) But I suppose when I get the appointment from the Heath in Cardiff I will know for sure where I stand as far as the holiday is concerned.
I should add that Dr Ellis said if I wanted his advice I should cancel the holiday just to reduce the stress of worrying about it, I will not make that decision until I get a date for the angiogram from Cardiff.
The doctor was a little annoyed that my GP had not prescribed me any medication, he said I had the classic signs of angina and therefore they should have prescribed me a spray and Beta Blockers
, he prescribed them for me and even though he and I had a discussion about weight loss he did say it was still possible to lose weight with them so not to give up! Luckily I have no intentions of giving up but am worried that I will become demoralised if I am cutting out carbs and generally eating healthier yet not losing weight. Time will tell!
So watch this space - can you all please keep fingers and toes crossed for me that my appointment comes through before the year is up so I have a chance of sticking to my plans.