Author Topic: Malcolm McKendrick - diet and CVD  (Read 679 times)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Re: Malcolm McKendrick - diet and CVD
« Reply #15 on: 04 August 2016, 11:19:38 AM »
It's calculated on a pro rata basic.

From the Gov website -

"Example -
You have 20 qualifying years on your National Insurance record after 6 April 2016.
You multiply 20 qualifying years by £4.45 (£155.65 divided by 35).
Your new State Pension will be about £89 per week."

Yes, sorry, I was getting my info from this website https://www.gov.uk/new-state-pension/overview where it says "You’ll usually need 10 qualifying years to get any new State Pension."  I missed the word "any".

Anne

Well I don't, I just get the state pension, nothing more. If I had to live on £155.65 per week I wouldn't be able to - I'm dependent on my dh and the DWP includes his savings/income when it comes to working things out (which makes sense)..... of course at the same time the gov taxes us separately (which doesn't make sense) ! Although I don't pay any tax with my income so low. What I mean is, my dh is taxed as a single person/single income, as am I, but when it comes to working out whether I need additional state benefits they include our joint income. I remember the days when couples were taxed as one which was much fairer - I have been able to give dh just over £1000 of my personal tax allowance which gives us an additional £200 (that's all) a year that he doesn't have to pay on his tax.

I was talking about Pension credit where, if you have no other income than your pension and no savings, they top you up to £237 but of course for a married couple they take into account your joint income.  See http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/entitlement-calculator.aspx?e2dwp=y
Well, couples had all sorts of benefits in the past that we don't get now.  I recall when J and I had our first joint mortgage, we could both claim mortgage allowance, but the minute we got married that stopped.  Unfortunately the letter I sent to the HMRC informing them of my new status got wrongly filed onto Julian's file and they continued to give the the allowance.  Several years later they caught up with this and (at a time when we were really struggling financially, due to the recession in the early 90s and the fact that our business was tourism related) they demanded immediate repayment of the taxes I hadn't paid. 

I wasn't listening very closely to the phone in where the bloke said he was getting over £300 (apart from the shock of hearing the amount) because I was having a conversation with Julian about something else altogether.  I imagine he might have all sorts of other benefits, such as council tax, maybe rent, maybe a carer's allowance.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Avocado

• My French website
« Reply #16 on: 04 August 2016, 02:19:47 PM »
I wasn't listening very closely to the phone in where the bloke said he was getting over £300 (apart from the shock of hearing the amount) because I was having a conversation with Julian about something else altogether.  I imagine he might have all sorts of other benefits, such as council tax, maybe rent, maybe a carer's allowance.
Probably, except the one thing he won't be getting is Carer's Allowance becasue once you get the state pension you can't get Carer's Allowance. However, if you have a regular pension from work in the period before you are entitled to state pension, no matter how large that regular pension is, you can get Carer's Allowance ! How bonkers is that ?
Anne

Atypical Type 2, thin, not insulin resistant, diagnosed March 2007. Very low carb (30 - 50g per day) Paleo diet and exercise - Prandin (Repaglinide) 0.5mg. Aortic Valve Replacement Jan 2014, Osteoporosis, Small airways disease, probable coeliac - Strontium Ranelate 2g/d, Omacor 2g/d, vitamin K2 300mcg/d, Aviticol (vit D3) 20,000 IU every week, Qvar 100 2/day.

Current HbA1c 33 Current total cholesterol 7, HDL 3.5, LDL 3.2, triglycerides 0.4

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #17 on: 04 August 2016, 02:26:58 PM »
Makes no sense at all!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans