Author Topic: September Weight Chat  (Read 2032 times)

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
Re: September Weight Chat
« Reply #30 on: 05 September 2016, 06:43:34 PM »
I find if I have one or 2 days eating more I get better results I think its stopping the body from going in to faming mode or something but when I say eating more I don't mean over eating just having slightly more as I advage 1500 cals most days but might high 2000 once a week if I have gone out for a meal .
Dx jan 08
A1c 48 or 6.4 down from 6.9 was 7.9 @ Dx
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline heather1957

« Reply #31 on: 05 September 2016, 08:52:04 PM »
I agree Lucy we do need to have days off! I have a lot of weight to lose and know this is going to be a 'forever' commitment so need to know that every now and again I can have a 'naughty' day.

As long as naughty days are the exception rather than the rule and they don't impact too much on your health then I think they are essential!

You are doing really well so something is working!  :)
T2 since 8/12 HbA1c HIGH!!
Medication 4 x 500mg Metformin SR at tea time

Offline Lucy

« Reply #32 on: 05 September 2016, 11:37:02 PM »
Yeah I agree with you both. I think the odd day of not focusing on food and calories is the only way to make this last a lifetime. Because if I'm being realistic, the only way I'm going to lose weight and keep the weight off is by weighing myself regularly and keeping an eye on my diet, for the rest of my life. So long as I don't eat back the whole rest of the weeks calorie deficiency on those days it won't do any harm and might do me good to mean I can have sustainable weight loss. I do plan to get back on the calorie counting in the morning.
Type: Lucy. A1C 44 / 6.0% Jan17.
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.

Offline heather1957

« Reply #33 on: 07 September 2016, 01:59:27 PM »
I MADE IT!! Well I got my 1 stone award at SW this morning!  ;D

I was wavering over weighing today or waiting until tomorrow evening (Mainly because they next time I am able to weigh is 2 weeks tomorrow) but I decided to go as usual today.

I got on the scales and it registered 1/2 lb loss, I obviously looked really miserable as the woman doing the weighing suggested I get off the scales, take off my watch and glasses and try again, which I did and yes I lost 1 lb. Thank goodness for that as I may have been tempted to strip to my underwear if that would help!  :o :o

I now have to give myself a good talking to as I am off to Yorkshire for a weeks holiday which I had booked before my heart problem. The holiday was supposed to be a walking holiday and I am still hoping to get some slow/short walks in so hoping any cream teas I devour won't show massively on the scales.

I am only back Sat and then I am driving to Essex for 3 days of work and the food at the hotel is delicious so it will take a lot of will power not to over indulge.

If I manage to STS at the next weigh in I'll be happy!

Good luck all this week, I won't be 'weighing in' next week but will see how you are doing.

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: 07 September 2016, 03:36:00 PM »
Well done now enjoy your holiday
Dx jan 08
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E

Offline nytquill17

• Global Moderator
  • It's all in the balance.
« Reply #35 on: 07 September 2016, 04:35:09 PM »
What Sami said! :)
T1 DX 1995
Levemir + Novorapid

~-~-~-~
"If you can't ride, can you fall?"
"I suppose anyone can fall," said Shasta.
"I mean can you fall and get up again without crying, and mount again and fall again and yet not be afraid of falling?"
"I - I'll try," said Shasta.
  ~C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy
  ~-~-~-~
"There is no answer; seek it lovingly."

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #36 on: 07 September 2016, 06:51:39 PM »
Fantastic news Heather.  Enjoy your holiday and don't over do it!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Lucy

« Reply #37 on: 07 September 2016, 08:55:30 PM »
Well done heather - enjoy your holiday 1 stone lighter
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: 10 September 2016, 10:24:42 AM »
2lbs off this making a total of 25lbs (insert happy dance here) I'm very happy to have lost so much this week as I have not been to the gym since last Sunday due to my asthma playing up week. My happy scales app says I'm now 33% of the way to my gaol weight and that I could get there for the 3rd May 2017 
Dx jan 08
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E

Offline Lucy

« Reply #39 on: 10 September 2016, 11:38:24 AM »
Well done Sami! I don't think I've lost anything. Was 15st2-3 most of times I've weighed this week, vs 15st1.5 I had got to. Will have to switch back to counting the calories, got a bit lazy and had a week of general healthy eating instead. Plenty fruit and veg went in the trolley on my weekly shopping trip last night though.

Offline heather1957

« Reply #40 on: 11 September 2016, 10:29:22 PM »
Fantastic Sami, well done! I think I'll join you in your happy dance!

Food wise I've been a nightmare so far on my little break to Yorkshire. We did a 7 mile walk yesterday, today was a day of rest (sort of). We have another 7 mile walk planned for tomorrow based around Fountains Abbey.

I have had some twinges from my Angina (?) but as long as I take it easy it isn't to bad.

Not expecting to lose any weight myself this week but good luck to everyone else.

Offline nytquill17

• Global Moderator
  • It's all in the balance.
« Reply #41 on: 12 September 2016, 02:21:38 PM »
Glad to hear you are able to enjoy some walking on your holiday, Heather, I know that was a worry for you! Hope you're enjoying it. I think being on holiday is a fine reason to take a break from weight loss efforts for a while and just enjoy yourself! :)

Sami - 25 lbs, what an achievement! Congratulations!

I've gained back about 2 lbs from my lowest weight a few weeks ago but I'm still 4 lbs under my start weight this summer (and 7 lbs under my highest weight this year, coming off the Christmas break!). So all is not lost. Got some good walking done this weekend, but also had some ice cream which ends up being a net gain for me. But it was nice to get out and enjoy the weather, which is starting to feel fallish (finally!) Hoping to see some losses this week moving forward.

Keep it up, everyone!
T1 DX 1995
Levemir + Novorapid

~-~-~-~
"If you can't ride, can you fall?"
"I suppose anyone can fall," said Shasta.
"I mean can you fall and get up again without crying, and mount again and fall again and yet not be afraid of falling?"
"I - I'll try," said Shasta.
  ~C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy
  ~-~-~-~
"There is no answer; seek it lovingly."

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #42 on: 12 September 2016, 04:34:52 PM »
Lovely news Sami... well done.

Heather, just enjoy the walking you can do!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Lucy

« Reply #43 on: 12 September 2016, 08:12:41 PM »
I've turned into some sort of chocolate monster! Just keep wanting the stuff which is annoying! Did have salad for lunch though, which i dont usually ever have, and a couple of pieces of fruit. Lunch is provided in a meeting tomorrow so will be sandwiches of more calories than usual i expect. Will be a long day and so dinner is sat in the fridge ready and waiting for the microwave :)

Heather, just enjoy your holiday, you can maintain then lose when its over :)

Offline Lucy

« Reply #44 on: 15 September 2016, 01:44:25 PM »
This morning I was under 15 stone for the first time. It was very close at 14st13 7/8 so couldn't have got any closer but it still started with a 14. Now to work even harder to keep seeing 14s and not see any more 15s!