Author Topic: September Weight Chat  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Re: September Weight Chat
« Reply #45 on: 15 September 2016, 04:33:21 PM »
 :mandysballoon: :mandysballoon: :mandysballoon: :mandysballoon: :mandysballoon: YAAY! LUCY :mandysballoon: :mandysballoon: :mandysballoon: :mandysballoon: :mandysballoon: YOU ROCK.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Lucy

« Reply #46 on: 15 September 2016, 11:49:24 PM »
Aww thanks patti. Having my a1c tested friday morning, then seeing consultant a week on monday. My personal aim was to be maybe 14st10 by then i think so hopefully will be close anyway. Lighter than last time anyway
Type: Lucy. A1C 44 / 6.0% Jan17.
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: 16 September 2016, 01:27:13 PM »
Good luck with it Lucy.   You are really going about this in an amazing way.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Lucy

« Reply #48 on: 16 September 2016, 06:27:53 PM »
Good luck with it Lucy.   You are really going about this in an amazing way.

To be honest i just want to get it over and done with. I know thats not how it works but its how i think about it. I hate dieting, i want it to continue for as little time as possible,i dont want to have to restart this all over again like i have every other time. Though realistically i know i will need to weigh myself at least weekly or monthly for the rest of my life, and keep an eye on calories to ensure i dont regain weight.

I've set another goal along with sami, which is that i would really like to be overweight by the end of the year. I'm 167cm so that means i need to be 13 st 2 to get a bmi of 29.9. In theory that is probably tough but achievable. 14 weeks, 26 pounds. Feels a bit like an unlikely dream really but if i just stick to it and get it done it will be worth it whatever date i get there. But by christmas holidays or the end of the year would be nice.
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: 17 September 2016, 02:20:37 PM »
I lost 1.2lbs this week making a total of 26lbs so slow and steady I'm hoping to get under 200lbs by the end of the month so I need to lose 3.2lbs to do that in 13 days
Dx jan 08
A1c 48 or 6.4 down from 6.9 was 7.9 @ Dx
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Lucy

« Reply #50 on: 17 September 2016, 03:05:33 PM »
That should be achievable Sami. I'm sticking around 1200 calories for a few days as that's mfp reccomendatiom for 2 pounds a week loss. If it's manageable I'll stick with it longer, if not I might need to up the calories a bit.  Was 3.4 fbg this morning so thought oh no that's going to ruin my calories but breakfast soon sorted it out within planned calories. Hypos are never difficult to fix if first thing in the morning thankfully.

Offline Lucy

« Reply #51 on: 18 September 2016, 02:49:36 PM »
Had my first "you've lost weight" comment today which was nice.
Also has an fbg yesterday of 3.4, prebed 3.3 (wasn't happy about the extra 150 calories after sticking to 1200 all day!) then and fbg of 3.4 this morning. Something has changed and if it carries on I will need to reduce my basal I think.

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: 24 September 2016, 10:13:31 AM »
1/4lb off this week and I'm fine with that also lost 1cm from waist and hips and 1/2cm from thighs calf and upper arms. So it's going down nicely
Dx jan 08
A1c 48 or 6.4 down from 6.9 was 7.9 @ Dx
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: 24 September 2016, 11:20:15 AM »
Good news Sami
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Lucy

« Reply #54 on: 24 September 2016, 01:56:40 PM »
I'm down about 2 pounds this week, to 14st11. I was aiming to be under 15 stone by my appointment on Monday, think I wanted to be about 14st10, so may make that yet by Monday.

Offline Lucy

« Reply #55 on: 24 September 2016, 01:57:10 PM »
Bought new jeans today, going to get rid of old ones into the charity bin.

Offline heather1957

« Reply #56 on: 25 September 2016, 01:31:03 PM »
Wow I take a few weeks off and you lot are doing fantastically!

Lucy BRILLIANT! Under 15 stone that must be a fantastic feeling, I can't wait to get there myself but a way to go yet, you must feel great. Keep at it, as we have said, it is a marathon and not a sprint. Even if you don't get to 14. 10 by Monday you have done soooooo well.

I too have been giving things to the charity shop and have had to order 2 pairs of work trousers in a size 18 as my others were practically falling down.

Sami you are still on the downward trend and losing cms so well done you.

So proud of you all!

As for me, I had my week's holiday and while I walked a lot for me, I ate practically what I wanted, I also worked away in Essex Mon, Tues & Wednesday last week where I had no control over my food and managed to stay the same, I am quite happy with that but as I weighed a day late it means I have less time to lose anything this week, I am back on the wagon so hopefully I get something off.

Looking forward to getting back down to it - currently 15 stone 11 lb and my next mini target is 15st 01 lb which will be my club 10 award (10% off my weight from when I started)

Have a great week everyone, you are doing bloody brilliantly!
T2 since 8/12 HbA1c HIGH!!
Medication 4 x 500mg Metformin SR at tea time

Offline Lucy

« Reply #57 on: 25 September 2016, 02:29:32 PM »
Keep going Heather, i doubt i will be 14st10 tomorrow as i've eaten everything this weekend. Was a bit stressed with various things and then my laptop has broken and will be away for a month whilst john lewis sends it off to be repaired.

Just writing out my questions for my appointment, and added my blood sugar trend and weight graph for the 6 months since last appointment - put the weight one on as i think highlights that my weight loss didnt happen when i started the victoza but when i started counting calories. Would be a bit miffed if he thought the victoza just did it all for me, havent noticed any effect on weight or appetite from it,but its wiped out the dawn phenomenon so worth continuing.

Offline heather1957

« Reply #58 on: 25 September 2016, 02:42:04 PM »
Good thinking Lucy, I don't blame you putting the weight chart together so they know it was hard work that caused the weight loss and not medication.

Good luck for the appointment.
T2 since 8/12 HbA1c HIGH!!
Medication 4 x 500mg Metformin SR at tea time

Offline Lucy

« Reply #59 on: 25 September 2016, 03:10:23 PM »
i track all my weigh ins in myfitnesspal anyway so i just had to add the graph to the 1 page word document i plan to take with me. I just note down any notes on how things have been since last time and any questions i have, along with my average bg graph, and this time the weight graph. I have problems remembering things and speaking as fluenty as i would like to in appointments so having it written down just gets it across.