Author Topic: October weight thred  (Read 1977 times)

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
October weight thred
« on: 01 October 2016, 10:05:36 AM »
2.8lbs off this week and lots of cm I'm now 38.6% to my goal weight :) with a total loss of 29lbs.
so I'm now in US weight exactly 200lbs I'm so close to onederland I cant wait to get there, my goal for this month is to lose 6lbs
Grammbear you asked what I'm doing well I'm 100% dedicated and determined I'm counting ever calorie I eat and eating between 1250-1850 cals per day I go to the gym 6 times per week doing 3 x 1 hr cardio and 3 x 45min cardio and 30 mins weight training. In the past I have done the exercise no problem but always used to eat back my exercise cals like my fitness pal tells you to and that did not work for me at all now I don't . I also used a hypnotic app for weight loss that I listened to every night in july its worked my mind set totally changed.   
Dx jan 08
A1c 48 or 6.4 down from 6.9 was 7.9 @ Dx
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline GrammaBear

Re: October weight thred
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2016, 03:46:26 PM »
Thank you for the information Sami.  You definitely are dedicated.  I wish you continued progress.  :)
Type 1
Tandem Tslim pump Oct 2015
Dexcom G4 CGM Sep 2007
A1C 6.5%~ Sep 2017

Offline Lucy

« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2016, 08:06:55 PM »
Me and dog had a 2hr walk today, as she was feeling better and seemed particularly energetic after a couple of days wiped out from a stomach bug, and i was in a grumpy mood, the kind where you just want to sit on the couch and not move. So we went for a brisk walk in the sunshine, down to the seafront, along the beach where we got mingled in with the marathon going on along the same path at the time, along the clifftop and back over to my house. It was about 2 hours in total. I've got a busy week so i try and get the dog out for some longer walks than usual to wear her out and give her some extra time doing things etc.

I then tried a recipe i hadnt tried before for dinner, making a double portion so i would have a second premade for during the week. It was disgusting. I had the sausage i'd made for with it and a chocolate mousse instead.

On tuesday night i'm probably having a piece of cake at someones house, (high calorie, but surely they dont count if someone else baked the cake) so i'll try and be extra good with the choices i make tomorrow to balance it out. I did say no to birthday cake at work this week, and no to charity cakes at work too, and no to unhealthy brunch choices at a ladies event i went to at church yesterday.
Type: Lucy. A1C 44 / 6.0% Jan17.
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2016, 08:16:42 PM »
Ohhh Lucy, you so have my sympathy about having to say no to stuff your colleagues/friends find absolutely acceptable.

What was your disgusting recipe so we can avoid it?
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Lucy

« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2016, 08:24:00 PM »
To be honest i'm fine usually at saying no to stuff at work, i say no more than yes, i prefer to look forward to stuff or to actually fancy it in advance. It's usually a "cake is over there, help yourself" thing, so i just dont go and look unless i really want some :)

The disgusting recipe, was a vegetable bake, with veg topped with a mix of egg, yoghurt and herbs. I wasn't keen. it sounded like something easy that would use up things i had in and would be something i'd like though, so maybe i just wasn't in the mood for it. I had with with a lidl caramelised onion sausage and two mini baked baby new potatoes which were nice.
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.

Offline heather1957

« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2016, 09:28:43 PM »
Same that is brilliant! It certainly helps to be in the zone.

I'd like to lose 6lb this month too but as I'm working away the next 2 weeks it may be hard.

Good luck everyone.
T2 since 8/12 HbA1c HIGH!!
Medication 4 x 500mg Metformin SR at tea time

Offline Lucy

« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2016, 12:34:09 AM »
I'm 2 pounds away from having lost 4 stones. The scales don't seem to want to move just yet though.

Did extra walking yesterday and today with the dog in an effort to convince the scales. I did also have cake this evening but i didnt have any snacks or breakfast today which should have balanced it out calorie wise.

Come on 2 pounds, i wwant to get to 4 stone now!

Offline heather1957

« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2016, 09:02:57 PM »
Went to a local Slimming World club to where I'm working in Manchester and had lost 1/2 lb, I'm not unhappy with that as It has been a bit hit and miss this week with working away and not being in total control of my food and I don't like salads THAT much!  :)

Haven't found the red wine has brought my b/g down but I have enjoyed the experiment   ;D

Good luck all, I'm in the same position this week coming as I'm working in Coventry but have already earmarked a SW club to go to next week if I stay the same I'll be happy but I am trying not to go nuts!

Fingers crossed those 2 lb come off for you soon Lucy.

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2016, 10:02:18 PM »
Good luck Heather
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Lucy

« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2016, 11:02:34 PM »
i'd count a half pound under challenging circumstances as a success heather, well done.
I saww a pound down yesterday, one more to go.

Offline Lucy

« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2016, 12:36:14 PM »
Just under 14st7 this morning which means... I've lost 4 stone. Yay

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 08 October 2016, 09:57:53 PM »
Well done 3lbs more and you catch me up.
0.5lb up for me this week its been a bad week 2 days comfit eating after Keyleigh blocked me on facebook and instergrahm again just as her baby is due feel like she spent 8 months teasing me with a grandson to block me just as he is due I'm sure its her nasty way of hurting me yet again. I then had Chinese on wed that I always have but then oh took me out on Thursday for a 3 course Chinese too so all in all I'm happy its only 0.5lb gain I can soon get that off .
Dx jan 08
A1c 48 or 6.4 down from 6.9 was 7.9 @ Dx
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 08 October 2016, 11:34:04 PM »
Ohhh Sami, so sorry about your daughter and grandson.  You must be so upset {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline heather1957

« Reply #13 on: 09 October 2016, 03:12:43 PM »
Well done Lucy that is a brilliant result.

Sami I can only imagine how hard this is for you and I do appreciate how food can be a comfort as I certainly turn to it when I want an instant 'high'. It sounds as if you needed it, hopefully you can leave that behind for now and get back on track.

Families can be very very cruel and I will never understand those people who use their babies as weapons either!

Offline heather1957

« Reply #14 on: 17 October 2016, 11:19:39 PM »
How is everyone doing?

I didn't get weighed last week, too busy work wise and I was away so didn't fancy driving around to find the nearest class, I have been good though so hopefully that will show when I get weighed on Wednesday.

I hope everyone is doing okay though, it is pretty hard now the nights are drawing in and the weather is colder, or is it just me who finds it harder to control my diet when the weather gets colder?