Author Topic: October weight thred  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Lucy

Re: October weight thred
« Reply #15 on: 17 October 2016, 11:29:37 PM »
i was 14st12 this morning!! I had got down to 14st6 last week so that was a shocker.

I had a bit of a giving up on dieting for a few days after a scary hypo experience last week and carb cravings went a bit nuts after that. Hopefully it'll go down again soon.
Type: Lucy. A1C 44 / 6.0% Jan17.
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: 17 October 2016, 11:36:48 PM »
I got down to 14st 2.8 last week but with a Chinese meal out and the birth of my grandson who I only know about 3rd hand I have binged big time tonight I'm feeling very low in sprite right now but in the long run I will not let my daughter hate rid of me get in the way of my weight loss I just need a day or so to for lack of a better way of putting it grieve for the little boy I might never meet
Dx jan 08
A1c 48 or 6.4 down from 6.9 was 7.9 @ Dx
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline heather1957

« Reply #17 on: 18 October 2016, 08:24:40 AM »
It sounds as if it has been a difficult few weeks for us all but I am sure we will get back on track soon.

I now need to get into the 14's to catch up with you 2 at least I am in the lower 15s at the moment  :)

sami it must be so hard for you at the moment, not quite the same I know but since a family fall out of my own we don't speak to my older brother and his family we were all very close once upon a time. I have a great niece and a great nephew who I have never met and it breaks my heart so I can only imagine how much worse it must be for you.

I don't know why this is happening to you but you are right when you say that you mustn't allow your daughter's hate get in the way of your weight loss, you need to look after YOU at the moment.

Hopefully we will all have a good week this week.
T2 since 8/12 HbA1c HIGH!!
Medication 4 x 500mg Metformin SR at tea time

Offline feejee

« Reply #18 on: 18 October 2016, 05:58:03 PM »
Hi, i'm back and would like to throw myself right in here if thats ok?

Current weight: 15st 5lb.

Im feeling very motivated so hoping that i will be able to post a positive loss very soon. 
Type 2. Diagnosed Feb 2012.  On metformin 2 * 1000mg. Invokana (Canagliflozin) 100mg
hbA1c on diagnosis: 128 mmol/mol or 13.8%
6/12: 60 mmol/mol or 7.8%, 
10/12: 6.6%, 03/12: 6.5% Cholesterol: 4.16 (HDL:0.88, LDL: 2.6, 3G's: 1.56)
10/14: 5.6%
02/16: 7.5%
02/16
6/13: 6.6%
4/14@:5.7%

Offline Lucy

« Reply #19 on: 18 October 2016, 06:32:53 PM »
Welcome back feejee! I say everyone tries their best for the next week and hopefully we all post a loss next week
Type: Lucy. A1C 44 / 6.0% Jan17.
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.

Offline nytquill17

• Global Moderator
  • It's all in the balance.
« Reply #20 on: 18 October 2016, 07:14:27 PM »
If it's any comfort to anyone starting over / picking up where they left off, I've stopped weighing completely the past few weeks. I had a scholarship application to prepare and a ton of school work. I'm mega stressed these days. And then it was Canadian Thanksgiving so I made a big "turkey" dinner (was chicken! they never have turkey at our grocery!) with all the trimmings and was eating leftovers for a week. But I had started to feel just bone tired all the time - not sleepy, just like I had no energy for even the smallest things and all I wanted was to sit still and be left alone. Well, I know what that's a symptom of so I'm trying to get my eating back on track. Or at least closer to the track. So that my BGs will be easier to corral and keep in line!

Frankly I've kind of given up hope of losing any noticeable weight and I just want to survive the next year or so (submit master's thesis, apply for PhD programs, move to a new city, start PHD program) without any noticeable *gain*. Anxiety levels pretty high from day to day, manageable most days provided I don't think too far ahead. Kind of discouraged that I probably won't get much further with the weight loss any time soon, but I know I've got a lot to manage and should be kind to myself. I'm trying!

Sami, so sorry to hear about all the family drama. Be kind to yourself, too.
T1 DX 1995
Levemir + Novorapid

~-~-~-~
"If you can't ride, can you fall?"
"I suppose anyone can fall," said Shasta.
"I mean can you fall and get up again without crying, and mount again and fall again and yet not be afraid of falling?"
"I - I'll try," said Shasta.
  ~C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy
  ~-~-~-~
"There is no answer; seek it lovingly."

Offline heather1957

« Reply #21 on: 18 October 2016, 09:49:52 PM »
Hi, i'm back and would like to throw myself right in here if thats ok?

Current weight: 15st 5lb.

Im feeling very motivated so hoping that i will be able to post a positive loss very soon.

I was 15 st 6 lb 2 weeks ago when I last weighed but am hoping that I have lost a few lbs since then. I just need 2 lb to get my stone and a half award.

I need the discipline of a weigh in and while I do follow some of the Slimming World diet I do adapt it a little.

Great to hear you feel motivated, I think we all know when we are ready to do something, just remember it is a marathon not a sprint! Good luck!  :)

Offline heather1957

« Reply #22 on: 19 October 2016, 01:42:03 PM »
Feeling happy with my weight loss at the moment as having been weighed this morning I have lost 5 lb in 2 weeks so have achieved my 1 1/2 stone award and lost 10% of my body weight since starting 12 weeks ago.

I have just been prescribed Beta Blockers (see my other post in 'complications' forum) so am likely to lose weight a loss slower from now on which is disappointing although I am certainly NOT going to give up. I may have to up my exercise more to balance it out.

4 lb to go for my 2 stone award, I'd like to get this in the next 2 weeks but with the medication and working away it may well be a hard thing to do.

Good luck all.

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: 19 October 2016, 03:08:33 PM »
Well done
Dx jan 08
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #24 on: 19 October 2016, 09:12:27 PM »
Good luck!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline heather1957

« Reply #25 on: 29 October 2016, 11:31:37 PM »
How is everyone doing?

I didn't weigh last week as I was working in Manchester again and we didn't finish till late so I didn't go but had been good. I have had a few iffy days though so am not expecting much on Wednesday especially now I've started the beta blockers.

Had my discussion with the nurse practitioner but she mainly focussed on my heart medication but she seemed a little pleased that my B/G was down to 54 can anyone tell me what that is so I can understand????

Just did a test and was 4.9 the first 4 since I've sorted my diet out again so pleased with that.

I hope everyone is okay though I know it's hard leading up to Christmas to many temptations.  ;D

Offline sami

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: 29 October 2016, 11:38:53 PM »
I did ok until my grandson was born I had a few bad days then improved then went back down hill so as off this morning I'm back to ovt 1st weight but I can't live in self induced pitty for ever. I have been listening to my hypnotic app again I upped my MyFitnessPal membership and in not paying to not lose weight lol I have set individual daily calories goals based on work days days off treat days so on and I don't care how cold or dark it is I will go to the gym. It's 8 weeks today until Christmas Eve and I plan on be over weight not obese so 8 weeks @ 2lbs per week will be 16 lbs that will see me pass 2st for this year and 3st total and I plan on doing it
Dx jan 08
  Humolog & Humulin 1 

D&E

Offline heather1957

« Reply #27 on: 30 October 2016, 07:14:59 AM »
Sami sounds like you're really determined and in a very positive state of mind so good luck.

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #28 on: 30 October 2016, 08:29:36 AM »
Heather, 53 is 7.0 in old money.

Sami well done for picking up the pieces.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline heather1957

« Reply #29 on: 30 October 2016, 02:38:05 PM »
Heather, 53 is 7.0 in old money.

Sami well done for picking up the pieces.

Thanks Patti, I asked the nurse but she said there was no conversion!!!!!!! I have to admit that there is something about the nurse that I just can't take to, I just don't get the 'here to make you feel better' from her.  :(