Author Topic: Mustard and Tarragon Chicken  (Read 330 times)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Mustard and Tarragon Chicken
« on: 28 October 2016, 07:06:22 PM »
Serves 4

4 skinless chicken breasts cut into largish bite size pieces
180g shallots, finely sliced
250g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced fairly thickly
350ml chicken stock
200ml double cream
1 tbs cornflour (if necessary)
About 2/3rd of a pack of fresh Tarragon chopped up
5 heaped teaspoons mild mustard.  I used Tarragon Mustard, but I think it's probably hard to get in the UK - we buy it when we go to France.  I suggest a mild French mustard would do the job and you can increase the fresh Tarragon.

In a large non stick pan (I use a wok) heat some olive oil and fry the chicken pieces until golden on the outside - you may need to do this in two batches.  Set aside on a plate.  If necessary add another tbs oil to the pan and fry the sliced shallots until tender.  Add the sliced mushrooms and fry for a minute or two.  Add the mustard and stir around, put the chicken pieces back into the pan and pour over the chicken stock.  Add the cream and simmer uncovered for approx 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.  If the sauce is too runny you can thicken it with cornflour at this stage.

Serve with green veg and cauli rice.

The whole recipe (not including the cauli rice) works out at 26.6g or 6.6g per portion.  If you don't use the cornflour then deduct 2g carb per portion.

Picture to follow!

Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans