In the words of my doctor 'I am a cardiac surgeon not a clairvoyant'. He did tell me that he has stated I would take any cancellations but even then I don't know if they'll give me a fit to travel letter and if I don't have one of those then my insurance won't cover me.
I am not sure what there is to gain by just posponing rather than cancelling. We will lose all our deposits anyway if we don't go as planned so we should try and get as much back from the insurance as possible.
What we have done is cancel the bookings that are refundable and are leaving those where we need to make balance payments as long as possible, luckily the first one of those isn't until the 23rd January,obviously if I get a date for the angiogram after that date then it will be game over.
If the angiogram is before that then we can wait and see if the doctor will declare me fit to travel in time to pay or cancel.
What was very clear was that no doctor will declare me fit to travel at the moment.