Author Topic: Are you a current smoker - will you help design some research?  (Read 237 times)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Are you a current smoker? We are interested in hearing from you.

My name is Rachna Begh and I am part of a team carrying out a research study looking at whether smokers who have no intention of stopping smoking would be willing to try an electronic cigarette (also known as ‘e-cigarette’) when it is offered to them by their GP. The study is funded by the National Institute for Health Research and the team is led by the Nuffield Primary Care Health Sciences Department at the University of Oxford.

Who am I looking for?

We are looking for people who currently smoke and have a long-term condition such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or chronic kidney disease. If this doesn’t apply to you but you know someone who is a smoker with a long-term condition, please forward this on to them.

What would this involve?
We want to make sure we listen to people at all stages of our research. We are looking for two members of the public to advise and contribute to:

- Helping design the study, e.g. giving your opinion on the information provided to people taking part in the study
- Helping us plan how to recruit patients into the study
- Joining the research team for regular meetings in Oxford to discuss the study as it progresses

We anticipate this involving several meetings over the three year project. We can communicate via email, telephone or face to face. Expenses for time and travel will be met.

If you are interested please contact me, Rachna Begh, by 31st January 2017, on 01865 617191 for an informal chat or email me at rachna.begh@phc.ox.ac.uk for further information. I look forward to hearing from you!

Posted and approved by the Admin team.  Should be interesting, please help if you can!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans