Author Topic: High (unhealthy) Fat Diet worse for carb control on men than in women - study  (Read 500 times)

Offline Ziggy

• Sometimes I feel like a cartoon character!
"Trust me I'm a Doctor" reported on ongoing research HERE 
Programme is also available to view on BBC iPlayer

8)   8)   8)
ZigSig:-
T2 Since 22-May-2008 - HbA1c Dec 2015 - 38 or 5.6.  Chol - 5.8

Ramapril 10mg, Omeprazole 20mg
Exercise - am running on a fairly regular basis - knees don't fail me now :)  and Diet (am a lacto ova vegetarian and am trying to stay low GI/GL)     Still on the Road To Find Out

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
The conclusion:

So the best advice is to stick to a balanced diet, without excessive amounts of fat. But if you are following a diet that is high in fat, it’s probably a good idea to limit your carbs.

Is a bit watered down unfortunately.  You could have put it that LCHF was better for blood sugars. LOL!

Mind you the diet they had them on looked horrible.... sausage rolls and hash browns!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline colette3

Sorry folks kind of highjacking with just one question.  Ziggy can you remember the neurologist study (the chap with the plaster on his forehead and the machine he could use at home).  I perked up at the word Tinnitus (could be cured) but had been talking and missed some of the restl

Offline Ziggy

Sorry folks kind of highjacking with just one question.  Ziggy can you remember the neurologist study (the chap with the plaster on his forehead and the machine he could use at home).  I perked up at the word Tinnitus (could be cured) but had been talking and missed some of the restl

Hi Colette, It is called TNS Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation and is a US Army funded experiment at UCLA   - thought the doctor (Andrew Leuchter) mentioned that interestingly enough we have even treated tinnitus (as though they hadn't been trying to, their main focus was PTSD)

8)   8)   8)

Exercise - am running on a fairly regular basis - knees don't fail me now :)  and Diet (am a lacto ova vegetarian and am trying to stay low GI/GL)     Still on the Road To Find Out

Offline colette3

Thanks Ziggy

Offline sedge

• Global Moderator

Hi Colette, It is called TNS Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation and is a US Army funded experiment at UCLA   - thought the doctor (Andrew Leuchter) mentioned that interestingly enough we have even treated tinnitus (as though they hadn't been trying to, their main focus was PTSD)

LOL - bit like the discovery that the slimming drug Metformin helped folks' diabetes!
Jenny

T1 DX 1972, pumping Novorapid 24/05/11

HbA1c - 7/07 8.7, 1/08 7.8, 9/08 8.4, 3/09 7.3, 7/09 7.2, 12/09 7.3, 11/10 8.1, 2/11 8.6, 9/11 6.5 2/12 6.4  5/12 50/6.7  11/12 52/6.9  01/13 46/6.4  06/16 46/6.4  12/16 45/6.4

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
LOL - bit like the discovery that the slimming drug Metformin helped folks' diabetes!

Well, I will say this, going back on Metformin has hugely curbed my appetite!  Last night had a quarter of a small cauliflower (cheese) a tablespoon of runner beans and 2 low carb sausages and I was well filled!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Ziggy

One post and six replies and the thread is veering so much off topic that I would defy anyone to guess the original topic from the last reply (the reply above this)

:threadhijack:

8)   8)   8)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
True but is that any bad thing Ziggy.  In another thread a member is bemoaning that her GP will only address one niggle at a time. whereas if they had listened and put 2 and 2 together they would have realised that she was suffering side effects from one of her meds.... instead she got referred for all the disparate symptoms which no doubt cost more!
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Ziggy

True but is that any bad thing Ziggy.
Oh definitely not a bad thing Patti, it is one of this forum's endearing traits.

8)   8)   8)