Author Topic: Diabetic or at risk of developing diabetes?  (Read 323 times)

Offline alix1994

Diabetic or at risk of developing diabetes?
« on: 17 February 2017, 11:15:55 AM »
Do you control your blood sugar due to either; having diabetes or being at risk of developing diabetes? Or engage in other diabetes self management behaviours?

For my Health Psychology MSc thesis, I am looking for people aged 18 and over who either; have or are at risk of developing diabetes to complete two questionnaires, exploring the relationship between diabetes coping and self-management of blood sugar levels.

Completion will only take a short time and participation would be greatly valued

Please copy and paste the link below into your browser to begin completing the questionnaires and share this link with any family or friends who may fit the criteria in order to aid research!  :)

https://ljmupsych.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_06t4xeYf5jYo7VX

This post has been previously approved by the administrator.

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Re: Diabetic or at risk of developing diabetes?
« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2017, 08:13:21 PM »
I have discussed this with Alix who does not have sufficient people engaging so I agreed his post in this section.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Lucy

« Reply #2 on: 19 February 2017, 09:59:06 PM »
well ive completed it this time, hope it helps. Have to say its one of the strangest question sets ive come across though.
Type: Lucy. A1C 44 / 6.0% Jan17.
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.

Offline Venomous

« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2017, 01:07:05 PM »

I think they need to reassess their questionnaire.

Surely for an MSc thesis the questions should be more meaningful and appropriate than this?
T2 and PCOS. Just had large serous adenofibroma removed with ovary and fallopian tube. Bp is now normal!

Novorapid, levemir, trulicity, metformin.