Author Topic: Another pudding  (Read 181 times)

Offline BBarb

• XDBB
Another pudding
« on: 07 March 2017, 02:09:55 PM »
We have always liked our puddings and I'm always trying to find new ones to try.
Someone gave me this recipe, though she didn't give any weights for the ingredients.
Make about quarter of a teacup of strong black coffee and allow it to go cold, then whisk it into double (thick) cream until light and airy.  (not stiff).
Eat.
We ate too much and I had indigestion all night!
I might try it with a small amount of sugar fee jelly, I though orange would be nice.  But not until next week.
(Admin - should I have posted this in the recipe section?  If so, please move it!)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
    • Patti and Julian
Re: Another pudding
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2017, 04:41:40 PM »
Moved it Bbarb.  I wonder if you could make a jelly from  coffee sweetened with (sweetener of your choice) and gelatine and then put the cream on the top?
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline BBarb

• XDBB
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2017, 05:07:35 PM »
Thanks for moving it Patti.  I was being a greedy guts and indulging my love of cream, I just ate too much like little Jack Horner in the nursery rhyme although I did feel full afterwards!  Your jelly with cream on top would be more sensible.

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
    • Patti and Julian
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2017, 08:57:39 PM »
Well... I was thinking of the coffee flavoured cream on top... just the jelly underneath to give it some texture!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Lucy

« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2017, 10:52:31 PM »
Never heard of this, have to say i hate coffee flavoured desserts. I do like orange jelly though, had some after tea tonight with a little cream.
Type: Lucy. A1C 44 / 6.0% Jan17.
Lantus, Victoza and Apidra. Metformin XR, Bisoprolol (for SVT). Dexcom G4 with xdrip and nightscout.