Author Topic: Shop Brought Soups  (Read 262 times)

Offline Dr DeEath

Shop Brought Soups
« on: 19 April 2017, 01:45:30 PM »
I quite like soup occasionally especially when it is chilly outside. Whilst usually I make my own it is convenient to sometimes to be able to just warm up a tin or pot. Most shop brought ones are quite high in carbs and can give you a 30+gm hit of CHO in one portion. Some of the so called healthy ones are even worse – the fat content only seems marginally reduced with the carbs often being higher. Healthy – not really! However, yesterday I found one that is quite healthy – Waitrose’s LOVELife Chicken, Kale and Broccoli soup. A pot (single serving) only contains 6.3 gm CHO and 2.1 gm fat. I found a dash of Worchester sauce improved the flavour which is not bad to start with!

Has anyone else found any shop brought soups that are low in carbs?
T1 for over 50 years.  MDI on Porcine insulin.  Lisinopril and Atorvastatin.

Online Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
    • Patti and Julian
Re: Shop Brought Soups
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2017, 03:28:07 PM »
I usually make my own but have tried the following Tesco chilled soups and they are quite palatable.  The pot serves 2 and the carb values are per half pot:

Broccoli and Stilton 5.4g
Carrot and Coriander 8.7g
Butternut Squash 7.5g
Chicken and Veg 9.6g
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans