Author Topic: Sites  (Read 928 times)

Offline everydayupsanddowns

• Administrator
    • Every day ups and downs - a diabetes blog
Re: Sites
« Reply #30 on: 05 May 2017, 10:02:26 PM »
Been to clinic today.  My replacement is due this November and I am "on the list", so I guess I shall then have to choose.  I suppose on the rare occasions I am out wearing a dress I can go to the loo to fish the pump out... not like doing an injection in the loo is it?

Well in those rare occasions... if you were out and more 'guesstimating' carbs than calculating accurately, you can remote bolus from the paired meter. It's not a full-on bolus wizard like you get on the pump itself, but you can either dial up a regular bolus in 0.1u increments, or, if you need Combo or Extended wave you can preset with units/split/duration (less useful IMO) and deliver them from the meter without getting the pump out.

I've always thought I would use that on any occasion where the pump was inaccessible (erm... inside a wetsuit??) but haven't needed to so far.
Mike

Type 1 since: 1991 Last HBA1c: 52 (6.8%)  Total Chol 5.0 (1.9HDL / 2.8LDL / Trigs 0.7)
Pumping NovoRapid in a MiniMed 640G
Blogging at: www.everydayupsanddowns.co.uk

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
    • Patti and Julian
Re: Sites
« Reply #31 on: 06 May 2017, 09:22:56 AM »
That sounds reassuring Mike!  It's so good to have other people to talk to w ho have experience of these things.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans