Author Topic: Retinal Bleed  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Liam

• Global Moderator
  • We live to fight another day.
Re: Retinal Bleed
« Reply #30 on: 17 July 2017, 01:54:44 PM »
Sounds like you weren't treated very well but most likely the treatment was done correctly. I have no experience of the treatment but have had headaches just from the normal 'look at your eyes' going on for awhile. I'm sure lasers have the same kind of effect on your eye. All that light can just lead to a headache.

It sounds nasty but still better to be getting treatment.
DX Type I 1994.    Novorapid Animas Vibe pump
HbA1c 3/10 10.2%, 7/10 8.1%, 12/10 7.5%.
2/11 7.8%, 8/11 8.6% 9/11 8.3%.
3/12 62 (7.8%). 10/12 67 (8.3%)
4/13 63 (7.9%) 6/13 59 (7.5%)
1/14 71 (8.6%) 7/14 59 (7.5%) 11/14 (6.7%)
3/15 56 (7.3%) 12/15 49 (6.6%)
Ramipril: 10mg Quetiapine: 550mg Metformin: 2000mg

Offline Venomous

« Reply #31 on: 18 July 2017, 10:06:37 AM »
Feeling rushed like that would have made me super anxious, you seem to have managed really well!! Glad you are this side of that experience!
T2 and PCOS. Just had large serous adenofibroma removed with ovary and fallopian tube. Bp is now normal!

Novorapid, levemir, trulicity, metformin.

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #32 on: 18 July 2017, 01:17:09 PM »
I managed to pick up a booklet "Understanding eye conditions related to diabetes" from an opticians. It is published by the RNIB - the explanations would have been useful last week!

By contrast the cardiologists I have seen recently have all taken the time to explain things clearly which although serious does reduce stress and worry!
T1 for over 50 years.  MDI on Porcine insulin.  Lisinopril and Atorvastatin.

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #33 on: 18 July 2017, 11:04:57 PM »
Sorry to hear your news.  Hope next time is better.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #34 on: 25 August 2017, 01:43:09 PM »
On Monday the ophthalmology department was running even more late than usual but it was a fairly good appointment. I had some more laser treatment as it appears the previous laser treatment had not been fully completed. I have seen four consultants in four visits and they vary tremendously in people skills – this one was by far the best and explained everything clearly.

I got the usual headache but after a bad hypo overnight lost most of Tuesday with a muggy headache!

Check up in four to six weeks but they could not make the appointment on the day!

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: 25 August 2017, 07:50:16 PM »
The last Dr sounds more on your wavelength.  Hope the laser worked this time!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #36 on: 03 October 2017, 01:23:51 PM »
Appointment dates are getting on my nerves! Still not having a date for the follow up I rang them. Opps, they had not made it - did they lose me? Now it is not till early November as they are fully booked!

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #37 on: 24 October 2017, 01:29:02 PM »
Yesterday I got a copy of the letter sent to my GP. Quite bizarre as it was dictated two weeks after the event by a consultant I have never seen (!), typed a month after that and posted a hundred miles away a week later. It is quite confusing and despite it talking about me and addressed to my GP I do wonder if it is the right patient. I will just have to take it with me next time I go to ophthalmology.

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: 24 October 2017, 01:55:03 PM »
Curiouser and curioser.  Is it worth asking the GP to get to the bottom of it?
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #39 on: 25 October 2017, 01:49:22 PM »
Curiouser and curioser.  Is it worth asking the GP to get to the bottom of it?

Will ask when I attend the clinic. My GP always seem to think once a problem is with the hospital bar repeat prescriptions it's their responsibility. I did not get anywhere on the recent out-of-range blood tests or chasing up RB!   :(

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: 25 October 2017, 04:54:11 PM »
Worth asking at the clinic then.
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Alan

• Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey
« Reply #41 on: 25 October 2017, 08:50:05 PM »
Yesterday I got a copy of the letter sent to my GP. Quite bizarre as it was dictated two weeks after the event by a consultant I have never seen (!), typed a month after that and posted a hundred miles away a week later. It is quite confusing and despite it talking about me and addressed to my GP I do wonder if it is the right patient. I will just have to take it with me next time I go to ophthalmology.
Depending on how much time and energy you wish to invest in this, consider putting those facts on paper to ask for clarification with a copy sent to each of the parties involved - and possibly to the CEO or administration of the organisation above all of them.
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: Small New York Baked Low Carb Cheesecake)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest:Dambulla, Sigiriya and Polonuwarra, Sri Lanka)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: 25 October 2017, 11:03:20 PM »
Actually, thinking about it, you might like to contact your local branch of the Patient Liaison Service (PALS).  Google it, they have a website.
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #43 on: 08 November 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
So I went back last Thursday. It was another long wait as they had extra patients from the day before. In our area non-emergency ambulances service were run by the Private Ambulance Service. It was appalling with people missing appointments, including dialysis! A month or so ago it went into receivership but the current arrangements seem little better, but to my knowledge these are only temporary - I suspect the local taxi company could do better!

Anyway back to last week. Had an eye test (these always seem rather random and would turn my optician grey if he wasn't already). I then saw the person I saw two visits ago who felt not enough laser had been given last time. Anyway I had what felt like a massive dose. The blurred vision lasted for about 4 - 6 hours more than the other eye! I then asked about the letter. It does appear that there are some changes to the left eye but far less than would be exacted after all these years and the point of the letter was to stress the importance of good control. All this "it will sting" and "good control" after all these decades it quite wearing. It seems a one size fits all approach not unlike the Job Centre where a qualified and experienced 50/60 y.o. is treated like a work shy lad who cannot even hold down a job in Costa! Back in three months but they are unable to make appointments at the moment. I am starting to feel seriously concerned now!

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: 10 November 2017, 05:31:22 PM »
All this "it will sting" and "good control" after all these decades it quite wearing.

Couldn't agree more!  Hello... I am always aiming for good control....You blooming try it!

Like I get sick of lectures from Dental Hygienists on "How to clean your teeth".  Oh really... I've only been doing it for almost 70 years and I am following advice from the last hygienist and the one before that and the one before that... and the lovely woman I had for over 20 years until she retired, who treated me like an adult unlike you chits of girls!
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans