Author Topic: My Heart Operation  (Read 825 times)

Offline Avocado

• My French website
Re: My Heart Operation
« Reply #15 on: 05 October 2017, 03:21:48 PM »
I read on the BHF website a story by patient who had surgery at the Brompton. She lived in Cornwall, had all her cardiac tests at Truro Hospital and was referred to the Royal Brompton for valve surgery. She didn't go to the Brompton for any more tests as they'd all been done in Truro. When her appointment for surgery came through from the Royal Brompton they sent a van/ambulance car to pick her up ! She met the surgeon the next day and then had surgery. So fingers crossed Dr DeEath that it's as simple as that for you - no more tests, just the surgery when the date comes through. But do chase it - perhaps your GP has a copy of the referral letter ?
Anne

Atypical Type 2, thin, not insulin resistant, diagnosed March 2007. Very low carb (30 - 50g per day) Paleo diet and exercise - Prandin (Repaglinide) 0.5mg. Aortic Valve Replacement Jan 2014, Osteoporosis, Small airways disease, probable coeliac - Strontium Ranelate 2g/d, Omacor 2g/d, vitamin K2 300mcg/d, Aviticol (vit D3) 20,000 IU every week, Qvar 100 2/day.

Current HbA1c 33 Current total cholesterol 7, HDL 3.5, LDL 3.2, triglycerides 0.4

Offline Blueduck

« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2017, 08:20:29 AM »
Good luck DrD, my mums had a triple heart by pass and she is now 83, it was about 5 years ago, she was like a new woman after the op. And for a lady of her age got over it it very well and quickly. They do normally take a veins from somewhere, in my mum it was her leg, like some one said previously, my aunt also had THB and they took her vein for the repair from her arm. She was quite a bit younger, but in both cases they did really well.  :D
Cheryl

Spelling is not everything!
Humalog and  Lantus. 4 metformin a day
Diagnosed T2 2010 Now find I am T1 2017

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2017, 05:04:45 PM »
Have been told they will use arm or chest blood vessels because of the PAD!
T1 for over 50 years.  MDI on Porcine insulin.  Lisinopril and Atorvastatin.

Offline EdmundK

« Reply #18 on: 20 October 2017, 08:47:35 AM »
I hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery Dr DeEath!

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #19 on: 01 November 2017, 01:17:01 PM »
The upset stomach I had a few weeks ago has come back a couple of times accompanied by dizziness. For the moment I have dropped the Vitamin C but am looking into the buffered variety. My pharmacist said it might be getting the GP to review my meds as I am on three different tablets that reduce BP, including the nitrate. The only appointment available this week was tomorrow when I am at ophthalmology. As the latter is four weeks overdue I will just have to go with next Monday!

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #20 on: 02 November 2017, 08:50:54 AM »
It sounds like a good idea to me Dr D.  Let us know what happens on Monday.  Oh, and at the ophthalmologists.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #21 on: 09 November 2017, 01:49:22 PM »
Monday was one of my more constructive appointments. I waited a few days before posting and so far so good. After checking my BP (105/62) he took me off the slow release diltiazem hydrochloride which can cause dizziness and nausea. My last attack was on Sunday morning and it got to the point my partner was on the verge of calling the paramedics. I need to contact him if the angina returns but hope the mono-nitrate I was prescribed at the same time will do the trick. I also asked for an Lp(a) blood test - that will not happen so I will ask a cardiologist next time I see one.

I am also off the Vitamin C for the time being as it can also be a cause of acidity. If there is no return of the acidity/reflux he suggested restarting with the buffered variety although he is skeptical about the inflamed arteries theory but says it can do no harm as ling as I stick to the RDA. After leaving I went into a well known health food/supplements shop.Nobody including the manager had a clue of what I was talking about. I will ask my pharmacist when I collect my repeat on Saturday.

Offline Avocado

• My French website
« Reply #22 on: 09 November 2017, 02:50:05 PM »
I am also off the Vitamin C for the time being as it can also be a cause of acidity. If there is no return of the acidity/reflux he suggested restarting with the buffered variety although he is skeptical about the inflamed arteries theory but says it can do no harm as ling as I stick to the RDA. After leaving I went into a well known health food/supplements shop.Nobody including the manager had a clue of what I was talking about. I will ask my pharmacist when I collect my repeat on Saturday.
Here is the buffered vitamin C I take, it's made by BioCare and I get it at my local health food shop or online, here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biocare-Vitamin-C-Powder-60g/dp/B0013G340I/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1510238820&sr=8-1&keywords=biocare+vitamin+c+powder&dpID=41WpSw5iHXL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch  It says: "Biocare vitamin C powder contains magnesium ascorbate which is a low acid form of vitamin C, produced by our unique solvent free freeze dried method. It is free from additives and excipients. This form of vitamin C is more gentle on the stomach. It provides a readily absorbable form of vitamin C and magnesium. It is buffered, low acid form of vitamin C to reduce stomach irritation."
Anne

Atypical Type 2, thin, not insulin resistant, diagnosed March 2007. Very low carb (30 - 50g per day) Paleo diet and exercise - Prandin (Repaglinide) 0.5mg. Aortic Valve Replacement Jan 2014, Osteoporosis, Small airways disease, probable coeliac - Strontium Ranelate 2g/d, Omacor 2g/d, vitamin K2 300mcg/d, Aviticol (vit D3) 20,000 IU every week, Qvar 100 2/day.

Current HbA1c 33 Current total cholesterol 7, HDL 3.5, LDL 3.2, triglycerides 0.4