Author Topic: Recipe Section  (Read 76 times)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Recipe Section
« on: 19 November 2017, 02:34:01 PM »
Hi all

Firstly, for those of you who don't know, we have a recipe section where members have helpfully posted tried and tested recipes that are BG friendly.  Scroll down the home page of the forum.  There is a link top left on every page to "Home".

Secondly can I ask that if you want to post a recipe can you please post it in full and not just a link to it.  The reason for this is that often external links get broken as other sites move things or cease to exist.  It would be good, of course, if you would acknowledge the original author/website.

At the same time may I respectfully ask you to only post recipes in this section. I was looking for a recipe the other day and came across all sorts of threads that were not recipes but discussions on various food items.  It was very confusing.   If you want to talk about a food you have discovered, or ask a general question about an ingredient, please post it in the Food, Diet and Weight Management section as that is where we should be discussing various foods. 

I am going to work my way through the recipe section sub-sections over the next few days and move anything which is not a recipe into the relevant "food section".

Meantime, we had a lot of recipes in the old forum that had to be dumped when it got hacked.  Not all is lost as Ziggy had previously been kind enough to make up a Cookbook in .pdf format and it can be found here.  The recipes are all carb counted for you.

Many thanks all

Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans