Author Topic: My wife only laughed  (Read 153 times)

Offline plumb

My wife only laughed
« on: 22 September 2017, 11:57:29 AM »
It was the start of a morning shopping on to the park and ride bus to the town centre,yes just in time for a coffee double expresso and a croissant it's time to bolus so test 6.1 set carbs for croissant I tell meter to send insulin dose to pump it displays can not connect to pump.not again so just left it may be when in, too lazy to look. Off we went shopping up and down for the next 2 hours,then back on the bus to go back to the car. I know will do test up to 11 so I will put in a correction but would not connect to the pump searching frantically for the pump up my jumper under my shirt gone!! cannula not connected now my wife could not stop laughing seeing my frantic search . I did not put back on after my morning shower twit.pleased not planning lunch out.
T1 DX1977 pumping Novorapid  and 3 BP Medds s

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Re: My wife only laughed
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2017, 01:12:30 PM »
Ooops!  I can see the funny side, but it's a good thing a. you weren't planning to stay out the whole day and b. your activities were at least somewhat energetic and may have helped keep BG down.  What level did you end up at?
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans