Quote from patti.I don't want to
but Pauline I do want to know what news of John. Can you start another thread to update us please?
John has an appointment booked with the urologist on 7th December. It is likely that he will then be referred to the oncologist....... another wait?
We spoke to our GP and she has arranged another PSA test for him on 30th November so he has the results when he sees the urologist. There has been no mention of a scan.
This morning, John passed a lot of blood, the first for several months since having the treatment a year ago which was ongoing until January. He did pass a little blood back in August but then nothing until today. He is going to ring the nurse at the hospital tomorrow. She was involved with his treatment and said he should ring her if bleeding reoccurs.
John has been very depressed these past few months and is very tearful. He will not go and see the GP about it. He is stressed having our son back home and that doesn't help when he is having all these health problems.
He has lost a stone and a half of weight since the end of June by following my advice and going on a low carb diet. The dietician he saw through the Health Service was in agreement with his cutting down on carbs. He sees her again tomorrow.
No real progress then since I gave my last report.