Author Topic: New breed of GP  (Read 174 times)

Offline TerryJ

Type 2 since 1999. Current meds Gliclazide
HbA1c Feb10 10.9, May10 7.7, Oct10 6.6, Oct11 6.7, Dec12 6.4, Nov13 6.9

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Re: New breed of GP
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2018, 12:33:33 PM »
His article is spot on!  Briliant!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 Sept 2017.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Alan

• Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2018, 08:19:39 PM »
Let's hope that there will be many more like this one.

http://healthinsightuk.org/2018/02/05/misery-makers-such-as-aching-joints-headaches-tiredness-and-bloating-all-respond-to-a-radical-new-treatment-the-lifestyle-prescription/

Good to see.
This is the kind of 360 degree thinking about health that I’ve begun teaching to GPs in a series of day-long seminars on Lifestyle Medicine approved by the Royal College of GPs. I’m partnering with my friend Dr Rangan Chatterjee [website] of ‘Doctor in the House’ fame. For most of the GPs who have been trained to diagnose and then treat with a prescription, much of will, I hope, come as a welcome surprise. They will be learning about the sort of things I was doing to help Gareth, such as recommending which different foods to include in the diet and which to remove, supplements for nutritional deficiencies and how it is always worth checking on the health of your gut bacteria.
The success some GP’s have reported recently in helping diabetics to lose weight and cut their drug use with a low carbohydrate diet, rather than a low-fat diet plus pills to boost insulin, has stimulated some interest in this approach.

I wonder how many will actually change their methods. Unfortunately, it probably won't be many.
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: Slow Cooked Beef Brisket)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Money, Cards, ATMs and Cash For Travels)

Offline GrammaBear

« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2018, 03:30:06 PM »
Excellent article and I wish that more GPs would begin to hand out this kind of advise.
Type 1
Tandem Tslim pump Oct 2015
Dexcom G5 CGM Sep 2007
A1C 6.5%~ Sep 2017