Author Topic: Warning problem  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Alan

• Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey
Warning problem
« on: 04 October 2011, 01:42:03 AM »
For Terry and the mods.
I use Yahoo mail for my advisory emails for the site. The first time I go to open one of the emails advising of new messages I get this warning:
The page at http://36ohk6dgmcd1n.yom.mail.yahoo.net says:

Warning! It appears that you are about to access a website that has non-standard web-address format. Such sites may contain harmful entities such as viruses. We recommend you use extreme caution.
I have tried it on firefox, IE and chrome and get the same warning every time. After clicking on "accept" and opening the first message I get no more warnings on subsequent messages.

I can work with it, but the concern is that new people may be warned off the site.
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: Small New York Baked Low Carb Cheesecake)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest:Dambulla, Sigiriya and Polonuwarra, Sri Lanka)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Re: Warning problem
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2011, 09:30:36 AM »
Um... I don't know what the reason for that is, though I can see there is no www. after the http://  Maybe Terry can shed light?
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline nytquill17

• Global Moderator
  • It's all in the balance.
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2011, 05:58:49 PM »
I get mine through Gmail and not had a problem - maybe something with the way Yahoo mail works it around?  In which case I'm not sure there's a whole lot to be done from our end.
T1 DX 1995
Levemir + Novorapid

~-~-~-~
"If you can't ride, can you fall?"
"I suppose anyone can fall," said Shasta.
"I mean can you fall and get up again without crying, and mount again and fall again and yet not be afraid of falling?"
"I - I'll try," said Shasta.
  ~C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy
  ~-~-~-~
"There is no answer; seek it lovingly."

Offline Alan

« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2011, 09:59:49 PM »
It happened several times at first, but it hasn't happened since I wrote that post. I just started this morning and everything seems to be working smoothly.

Looks like it was new-forum gremlins.

Forget I spoke :)
--
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: Small New York Baked Low Carb Cheesecake)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest:Dambulla, Sigiriya and Polonuwarra, Sri Lanka)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2011, 10:45:56 PM »
Sorry, I think what has happened is that Terry (and to a lesser extent myself) spent ages setting permissions and sorting out layout etc and then there was an upgrade which appears to have reset everything to default settings.  We now need to go over all the permissions and stuff again.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 April 2016.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Alan

« Reply #5 on: 04 October 2011, 11:34:57 PM »
Sorry, I think what has happened is that Terry (and to a lesser extent myself) spent ages setting permissions and sorting out layout etc and then there was an upgrade which appears to have reset everything to default settings.  We now need to go over all the permissions and stuff again.
Understood.

The game of life can be tough enough without the gremlins constantly moving the goalposts.
--

Offline TerryG

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2011, 03:10:57 AM »
Sorry. I don't think this has anything to do with www not being there or with any tweaks to the set-up. Without knowing what Yahoo looks for in the URL or what checks it applies it's hard to say what the trigger is. But it's a bit ironic from the company's whose mail service is one of the forum's biggests sources of spam.
T1 DX 06/2003 ex-Lantus/Novo, now using Medtronic Paradigm Veo with Apidra. Dafne graduate.

Offline Moby

• Global Moderator
  • Carbophobia rules ok!
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2011, 07:58:54 AM »
for my sins i use AOHELL (AOL)  lol! no problems with email notifications there. could it be something as simple as adding the new forum to a 'friend' list or something similar? clutching at straws tbh, if you techies dont know, a humble plumber, has nooooooo chance. i dont use yahoo personally.
bw
Moby

T2 since 2002.
metformin 2000mg. humalin I and humalog
Xpert graduate & Xpert Insulin Graduate. (for what it's worth)

©Martin Cronshaw 2015

Offline Bill Harborne

• It wasn't me!
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2011, 10:03:28 AM »
One little problem / difference on this site is that after I have posted a reply rather than going back into the thread i was replying to, it puts me  on the page listing topics and I have to re-enter the thread to read my post. Not a real problem more an observation.
Dx Type2 1996, 4 500mg metformin, 1 20mg Lisinopril, Novomix30 40 units in 2 doses, 1 Adizem xl 300mg, 1 100mg CQ10, Victoza,  1 100g Toblerone (Monthly),,
 HbA1c (7/11) 11.3%. (11/11) 7.3%. (1/12) 6.6%.

My Poetry:
Latest poems.  Love On The NHS and \ Ode To A Bottom .
NEW!

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2011, 10:53:45 AM »
You can set that in your profile - Profile/modify profile/Look and Layout/ tick the box that says return to thread after posting.  However I have done it for you.

I thought I'd set it as a default, but it may have been the upgrade that has changed it.  Will look into it later.
Patti

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Bill Harborne

• It wasn't me!
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2011, 02:59:50 PM »
Bless you.
Dx Type2 1996, 4 500mg metformin, 1 20mg Lisinopril, Novomix30 40 units in 2 doses, 1 Adizem xl 300mg, 1 100mg CQ10, Victoza,  1 100g Toblerone (Monthly),,
 HbA1c (7/11) 11.3%. (11/11) 7.3%. (1/12) 6.6%.

My Poetry:
Latest poems.  Love On The NHS and \ Ode To A Bottom .
NEW!