This is the chicken in double cream recipe I've been promising Patti for a while now..
4 Boneless Chicken breasts
100g (4oz) soft blue cheese or garlic roule
200ml (7 fl oz) Double cream (yes, double)
2 tsp french mustard
25g (1 oz) butter
1tsp chopped dried tarragon (or thyme, the recipe says, although I've never tried this).
1) preheat oven to 200*C / 400*F / GMark 6
2) Make a slit in the side of each breast to form a pocket, and stuff the cheese into the pocket.
3) Put the chicken in a shallow, ovenproof dish (I use a rectangular one, with the breasts all lined up in a row). make sure there's plenty of room around the side for the cream - this is not a recipe where you can stuff the chicken into a small dish.
4) Mix the cream and 1 tsp mustard (I add a sprinkling of tarragon to this too, but I like tarragon - the recipe doesn't call for it though). Pour around the base of the chicken (NOT over the chicken - leave some of each breast exposed).
5) Melt butter. Add salt, tarragon and 1tsp mustard, and brush the mixture onto the exposed chicken. the butter will slide off and into the cream - don't worry about that.
6) bake for 40 minutes until golden, serve with your choice of veg.
When you pull the dish out of the oven, the cream will look as though its curdled and will taste vile. Don't worry. If you plate up the chicken, then use a whisk to break up the cream lumps you'll get a sauce that can be spooned over the chicken/veg. As for veg, my mother serves this with French beans and new spuds, obviously spuds aren't so good for us, but any vegetables will be good with this, such as broccoli, peas, etc.
I have no idea what the figures are for this, it doesn't make my BG rise too much. The last time I had it, it was with Root veg and cauli mash, and peas, and that gave me a rise of 1.9. YMMV. It keeps reasonably well - with two of us, I usually cook the full 4 breasts, plate up all 4 (with veg) and reheat the following night in the microwave. It apparently freezes well as well, although leave it to defrost naturally, defrosting in the microwave is not a good idea for this dish.
Any Questions, do yell. Enjoy!