Author Topic: Cross your fingers for me everyone  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Lucy

Re: Cross your fingers for me everyone
« Reply #30 on: 10 November 2015, 11:21:58 PM »
today
first thing fasting 8 used 12 units of mixed insulin =24 gms carb (oats)
before lunch 5.2                                small piece haddock +sm scoop mashed potato small yoghurt
before evening meal 6.6 gave 10 units mixed       boiled egg with 2 small slices bread scoop icecream and an apple
2 hours post meal 10.2
bedtime 10.2
Can see by whats written here I defo need more insulin at evening meal so a good excercise

Is that a usual dinner carb load for you? If it is your usual carb amount then may need more insulin depending on overnight bgs. I do think you have to have set doses and set carb amounts at set times for the mixed insulin to work - are you eating similar amounts of carbs each day or varying it much?
Type: Lucy.
Lantus and Apidra. Metformin XR, Propanolol

Offline Victoria

« Reply #31 on: 11 November 2015, 11:41:12 AM »
Yes Sedge I agree and following writing it all don found that carb creep the problem so less carb and more insulin and that should lower fasting test too as this morning its still up
novorapid
indapamide
Levemir

Dec hba1c 63 April 53

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #32 on: 12 November 2015, 10:18:47 AM »
Victoria

You really should continue to write it down (and IMHO) do more testing, that's the only way you will identify problems and be able to eliminate them.  I agree that it looks like an increase in the evening dose might be necessary.  Do you have a 1u pen?  If so you could try increasing it by 1u and then give it a few days to settle before doing anything else.

I'm not surprised you are hungry.  You do not mention a single vegetable in your food list.   You need to bulk your meals out with some low carb veggies.
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 Sept 2017.  45 (6.3) April 2018.

© 2015 Patti Evans