Just thought I would quickly relate my week in pumping -- starting with last Thursday afternoon
My Bloods rose unexpectedly from 7.0 prior to lunch ( 11:00am ) and after a sandwich had risen to 13.9 by 4pm
so inspected the pod as best I could -- and due to placement had to ask for help in inspecting where I could not see-- this confirmed a stain and a slight damp spot.
so at 4:35pm -- a quick pod change and a 4u pen inject and by 7pm back down to 8.2 and ready to eat the extra special and lovely shepherds pie I had made.
( 1/2 swede 1/4 cauli , 1/4 potato topping ) so lowish carb
okay -- so broc steaming on the hob , a further test at 7:25 for bolus purpose ( 6.9 ) hit the bolus confirm button , turned away to look at the broccoli , and about 30 seconds later my PDM (personal diabetes manager -- the remote unit that runs things ) -- well it started screeching like a banshee -- and the screen was telling me the unit had failed
so straight on the phone to customer support , left a message , took 9 units with a pen and sat down to eat.
5 minutes later phone rings -- pump support -- so they gave me all the help in what buttons to press to get the unit reset -- but here is the killer-- I had to input every single setting again
( I have them written down as advised by the omnipod peeps ) but it takes about 15 minutes to reload everything
( dinner is getting cold now )
so - all done just finishing the last few bites of warm shep's pie and felt a crunchy bit ( thought it was crusty parmesan on the topping ) but just to top the evening off -- I had lost a filling
fast forward to this morning at 5:47am ( fast asleep )
my pod starts beeping ( meaning it has stopped delivering insulin)
so out of bed , downstairs , change pod , test -- 12.3 -- new pod on , correction bolus of 4.25 units and I set a TBR of +30% for 1/2 an hour to get me boosted back down into range.