Author Topic: Menopause!  (Read 883 times)

Offline BBarb

• XDBB
Re: Menopause!
« Reply #15 on: 23 July 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
You can buy a moisturiser called Replens online - and its very good, much better than vasceline.
Like you, I was given HRT and then taken off it and the symptoms came back - I'd had a hysterectomy too, but still had overies.  Being taken off HRT abruptly is cruel because everything lands at once with a crash which is truly awful.  I hope you are now feeling better and have come out the other side.

Offline Venomous

« Reply #16 on: 24 July 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
You can buy a moisturiser called Replens online - and its very good, much better than vasceline.
Like you, I was given HRT and then taken off it and the symptoms came back - I'd had a hysterectomy too, but still had overies.  Being taken off HRT abruptly is cruel because everything lands at once with a crash which is truly awful.  I hope you are now feeling better and have come out the other side.

Thank you :)

I have the replens one... It seems to give me thrush whenever I use it for some reason. I like the "eve" one as it's very watery, almost like normal female fluid.

Apparently "all" HRT is on pause by the manufacturer at the moment, so I've been given tibolone, which isn't a hormone but it meant to kick start the body to make it. I'm also using oestrogel. Back to hospital in September to make sure the hormones aren't feeding the remaining tumours.
T2 and PCOS. Just had large serous adenofibroma removed with ovary and fallopian tube. Bp is now normal!

Novorapid, levemir, tibolone, estrogel.

Offline Lisa65

« Reply #17 on: 24 July 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
I tried Replens but it didn't agree with me,  instead it clumped into what looked like cottage cheese! That stayed up there until the next time we did the deed and got stuck to L's manly parts  :eek:
It was awful  I only used it that one time.

My GP has been on at me to come off HRT for the last year, because I'm 52 and according to her that's the average age of the menopause. I've been on it since I had my hysterectomy age 39. I agreed to reduce to half dose and have had some flushes but not too many, but my skin seems to have got really dry.
T2, diagnosed June 2010 4x500mg Metformin

Offline Venomous

« Reply #18 on: 25 July 2018, 11:34:16 AM »
I tried Replens but it didn't agree with me,  instead it clumped into what looked like cottage cheese! That stayed up there until the next time we did the deed and got stuck to L's manly parts  :eek:
It was awful  I only used it that one time.

My GP has been on at me to come off HRT for the last year, because I'm 52 and according to her that's the average age of the menopause. I've been on it since I had my hysterectomy age 39. I agreed to reduce to half dose and have had some flushes but not too many, but my skin seems to have got really dry.

I think the cottage cheese is what looks like thrush to me. Not nice! I hate the dry skin too, I use heaps of baby oil in a bath these days and special shampoo and conditioner too :/ Who would have known menopause would be quite so problematic.
T2 and PCOS. Just had large serous adenofibroma removed with ovary and fallopian tube. Bp is now normal!

Novorapid, levemir, tibolone, estrogel.

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #19 on: 25 July 2018, 01:03:15 PM »
Ladies

have the replens one... It seems to give me thrush whenever I use it for some reason

You do realise that if you have thrush your partner needs to be treated too, even though he may not have symptoms, because he can actually pass it back to you.  Hence recurrent thrush infections become ongoing.

Lisa.. your post did make me giggle!
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 Sept 2017.  45 (6.3) April 2018.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Blueduck

« Reply #20 on: 26 July 2018, 08:14:41 AM »
Omg! I am sick of hot flushes, in this weather it’s terrible, are you hot, is it the heat, is it a hypo; I take red clover, and have been, since hot flushes started, definitely helped in the beginning, the hot flushes stopped. Then gradually increased, still taking the red clover as I think it’s damping down the flushes.
Dry, blimey, everything is dry. Skin, hair, eyes, nose, throat. Have found sea buckthorn oil helps, in capsules.

Unfortunately, one thing doesn’t work for everyone, and I have been having hot flushes since I stopped taking the pill, at 49, and that was when my hormones started playing havoc, and I was diagnosed as diabetic.

On the vagi front, Silk is good, available on Amazon, but again, one thing doesn’t work for everyone, it’s a bit suck it and see!

So here I am, 9 years on, periods stopped for 2 years (has to be the only bonus in this whole blooming business!) so roll on end of hot flushes!

So hope you can find something to help, V. If men were going through the menopause, there would be something more to help, I am sure!
Cheryl

Spelling is not everything!
Humalog
Levimir from Dec. 2018
4 metformin a day
Diagnosed T2 2010 Now find I am T1 2017

Offline colette3

« Reply #21 on: 07 August 2018, 12:21:45 PM »
I feel so sad for you ladies.  I experienced absolutely no symptoms at all with the menopause.  I got to 52, then aged 53 and 54 got one period over Christmas.  Absolutely weird that!!!   Then nothing.  I think I may have gone through it very slowly which might have accounted for the lack of symptoms.