Author Topic: Paid participation in Uni study.  (Read 141 times)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Paid participation in Uni study.
« on: 04 May 2018, 02:08:07 PM »
Hi all

I have approved the following request:

"We are looking for volunteers to take part in our research study at the Vision and Eye Research Unit, Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge.

Volunteers should be aged 40 years and over. We are looking for individuals who have diabetes and also those without diabetes.]The research project involves examination of the eyes before and after watching a film, in order to assess how different environmental conditions may affect the eyes. Participation requires attendance on one weekday from 10 am to 3.30 pm, dates are flexible. There is a lunch break in the middle to watch the film and refreshments are provided throughout. We will reimburse £15.

Please contact Dr Farouk if you wish to participate or for further information:Lavanta.Farouk @pgr.anglia.ac.uk (remove deliberate space before @) Thank you."
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 Sept 2017.  45 (6.3) April 2018.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline nytquill17

• Global Moderator
  • It's all in the balance.
Re: Paid participation in Uni study.
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2018, 04:27:19 PM »
Ooh, what an interesting project! ("Interesting" is the highest compliment one researcher can give to another, haha!) Sadly I don't fit the criteria but best of luck and look forward to hearing about the results!
T1 DX 1995
Omnipod since 06/04/18 (Novorapid)

~-~-~-~
"If you can't ride, can you fall?"
"I suppose anyone can fall," said Shasta.
"I mean can you fall and get up again without crying, and mount again and fall again and yet not be afraid of falling?"
"I - I'll try," said Shasta.
  ~C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy
  ~-~-~-~
"There is no answer; seek it lovingly."

Offline Venomous

« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2018, 06:14:01 PM »
Well I'm the right age now and T2.

However, it'd cost me about £30 for a day return from London to Cambridge according to trainline.com and then I'd miss a days work also so I can't justify it financially.

It sounds really interesting so it'd be great to hear about the results.
T2 and PCOS. Just had large serous adenofibroma removed with ovary and fallopian tube. Bp is now normal!

Novorapid, levemir, trulicity, metformin.

Offline Alan

• Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2018, 11:23:58 PM »
I'd be very happy to participate if they would cover transport costs - business class :).

As eyes have been mentioned I'll post on mine separately.
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: Slow Cooked Beef Brisket)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Surviving Long-haul Flights in Cattle Class)

Offline Paulines7

« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2018, 11:42:31 AM »
It's too far and too costly for me to travel.  There is no way I could get there by 10am.
Diabetes Type2 diagnosed March 2014.  Treated by diet only.  HbA1c 60 on diagnosis, 52 in June 2014, 50 October 2014, 44 December 2014, 48 May 2015, 50 Sep 2015, 53 Jan 2016, 50 Oct 2016, 56 Feb 2017, 50 Jun 2017. 50 Aug 2017. 47 Feb 2018  Pacemaker fitted 2008 - replaced 2017.

When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want 'em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"