Author Topic: Visit to the Optitician.  (Read 366 times)

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
Re: Visit to the Optitician.
« Reply #15 on: 11 January 2019, 02:31:43 PM »
Asda had a better selection of thin frames than I have seen elsewhere.  There are also a number of "John Lennon" type frames about - do not suit me at all!  I got some a bit like this https://opticians.asda.com/Prescription-Glasses/Joan-Collins/505478165543  was going to have both occupational and varifocals in the same frames but then I'd be going out wearing the occupational ones and not the proper outdoor ones, so chose a different frame so I can just touch the top of the arms to ascertain which pair I have on
Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 Sept 2017.  45 (6.3) April 2018.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline Dr DeEath

« Reply #16 on: 11 January 2019, 05:53:30 PM »
I have used a local independent for decades. As diabetes runs in his family he had a special interest and if it is more than four to five months I let him out in drops and take a butchers. Sadly he retired while I had all the eye/heart shenanigans. I do wonder if the people who took over will match up. He always cut his regulars a good deal if they ordered two or more pairs. I will miss him but know he was getting increasingly frustrated by the NHS/benefit rules and people trying to play the system. He felt people should be given a voucher if entitled to free tests or glasses instead of piling the responsability on those doing a different job. My dentist has made similar comments!
T1 for over 50 years.  MDI on Porcine insulin.  Lisinopril and Atorvastatin.

Offline Ziggy

• Sometimes I feel like a cartoon character!
« Reply #17 on: 14 January 2019, 08:39:20 AM »
Yearly here in NI and free for people with diabetes

8)   8)   8)   :star:   :star:   :star:
ZigSig:-
T2 Since 22-May-2008 - HbA1c Dec 2015 - 38 or 5.6.  Chol - 5.8

Ramapril 10mg, Omeprazole 20mg
Exercise - am running on a fairly regular basis - knees don't fail me now :)  and Diet (am a lacto ova vegetarian and am trying to stay low GI/GL)     Still on the Road To Find Out