Author Topic: Statins refused  (Read 239 times)

Offline BBarb

• XDBB
Re: Statins refused
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2018, 11:30:54 AM »
So cliff means ?......?       'Crib' maybe?
Sorry, but I'm thick.

My 'won't be told' husband is still taking his statins as though they are sweeties - and constantly complaining about aches and pains in his legs!  Still has this old fashioned conviction that doctor knows best.
What can you do?  If they didn't come in a foil strip I'd substitute them with homeopathic pills or aspirins!

Offline Pattidevans

• Administrator
  • It's ONLY Diabetes. It could be something worse!
« Reply #16 on: 17 May 2018, 11:43:56 AM »
Cheryl

Re:  Cliffs Notes, there is a very good explanation here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CliffsNotes
Started by a chap called Clifton Hillegas from Nebraska.
My 'won't be told' husband if still taking his statins as though they are sweeties - and constantly complaining about aches and pains in his legs!  Still has this old fashioned conviction that doctor knows best.
What can you do?  If they didn't come in a foil strip I'd substitute them with homeopathic pills!

Would he read anything "official" that pointed out that muscle pains are a side effect of statins?

Patti

Type 1.  Mis-diagnosed T2 May 2003, finally had CPeptide test 15/7/11 and proper diagnosis 1/9/11.  Now pumping Apidra with Roche Spirit Combo pump. Hba1c 6.1 Sept 2017.  45 (6.3) April 2018.

© 2015 Patti Evans

Offline BBarb

• XDBB
« Reply #17 on: 17 May 2018, 12:55:15 PM »
Doubtful Patty, as you'll remember from past posts I'm still fighting a losing battle with his weight through his insistance that fruit contains no carb.  He refuse to even look at Davis Cavan's book on 'curing' type 2s so all I can do is feed us low carb meals and wait for the inevitable.
I sometimes wonder why I'm keeping the cantankarous old bu88er alive, only to have him get dementia and drive me completly crackers.

Congratulations to all you sensible people who refuse them.